So I packed Hummels in the untradeable Bundesliga TOTS Pack and I was very exctied to use him. I have played about 300 Games now with him and I have to say, that he is quality. I played him with the engine Chemistry style to push up his Pace and Dribbling. Lets start off with his:
Although he only has 75 Pace as his Card Stat, he is surprisingly quick. Of course not as fast as a Blanc, Varane or Ramos but it was enough. But i would recommend you to play a rather fast centreback next to him.
Yeah... Don't really know what to say about that, it is okay for a centreback
This is probably the best stat of this card. Can't remember a single pass from him that didn't get to where it belonged.
Hummels Dribbling is awful, he feels very clunky on the ball and it seems like doesn't even want to move, but it can easily be fixed with an engine chemistry style.
Hummels defending is impressive. He saved me many times with his interceptions and tackles. 10/10 for that stat, no need to push it with shadow etc.
Hummels strengh is really good, but in some situations, more agression would suit him. Also if you have to go into extra-time, he'll be really tired because of his rather low stamina. But that is nothing to really worry about..
So over all, he is a really good defender and even better with the right chemistry style on him, but there is ONE BIG THING which kinda ruins the card for me, and that is his High offensive workrate in combination with his rather low pace. But if you can deal with it, go ahead and get him, he is able to improve your squad for sure!
- PASSING ( As i said, it is insane)
- DEFENDING ( One of the best in the game in that point )
- PHYSICALITY ( Very strong lad, pushes everyone away from the ball)
- SMOOTH DEFENDING STYLE ( You know, he's a man of format and that's just how he does ingame)
- SHOOTING ( yeah his shots aren't that good )
- VALUE FOR MONEY ( i have to say, at this stage in the game he is really expensive )
- WORKRATES ( probably the biggest con )