This guy is by far the best CAM I used so far, especially in comparison to the high tier class players like Eriksen and Hamsik.
With the Catalyst style he became a deadly second Striker whilst being an effective CAM, his link-up play in combinition with a striker who has high positioning allows him to get into free space outside the box where he either bangs some long-shots or passes with high accuracy.
- pace: due to his relativley high agility, balance and dibbling in genereal combined with his strength he feels extremly fast and is not too easly pushed away
- shooting: his long-shots are amazing and so far I feel like even his weak foot is broken, like a 5 star weak foot, just shoot and aim bit and the power will either win you a close corner against good goalies or even a goal
- passing: a 83 for a 150k CAM seems a bit low, but considering the fact that he has 87 vision and short passing, it is more than enough, espacially with the catalyst I use on him
- dibbling: like mentioned before, for an 1,81m guy he is extremly agile, high balance, high physical, his dribbling feels extreme, does not get pushed away too easily. Simply broken.
- defending: every here and now his 48 wins you the ball, his high ball control helps you immediately inniciate the counter - very helpful. Also his high/high does not affect me too much, so far he didn't feel like he was ever out of position due to his workrates
- physical: and again, for a CAM his physical is amazing, his jumping and strength will even help you to score some nice headers, which you normally don't expect to come from a genuine playmaker since they tend to be small and weak. Last but not least I have to mention his stamina - he will run for ages!
- his nation: he is very easy to link into hybrids
- extremly cheap for the quality he brings into the squad
- none so far
PACE: He may only be 80 overall but his 88 dribbling makes him feel so much faster on the ball.
SHOOTING: This is were i was suprised the most his longshots are stunning when you hit it right, his ability to make curved finesse shots is also great.
PASSING: He's amazing when it comes to short passes, he can create a chance with at short pass no matter where you put him. His long passes are great but not as amazing as his short passes.
DRIBBLING: This is were he really shines through, he is as good with that ball as coutinho an messi is, if not better. It feels like he can run faster with the ball.
DEFENCE: Nothing much to say except he is a great header and search for the ball at corners.
PHYSICAL: He will get pushed away from the ball if were talking some of the stringest defenders, but he do not give up without a figth and will try to win it back if you let him. He also have amazing stamina
I have used players like aguero and dybala on the CAM position, and this guy was way better than aguero, and he was almost as good as dybala
Shooting: can shoot from almost anywhere
Dribbling: can get past almost any player if you use him correctly
Physical: strong enough to compete against strong defenders, he also never gets tired and will run for you all the time
Passing: can create great chances for your strikers
Height: he could be a little taller so he would win headers easier
Pace: he could also be a little faster, but not needed if you only need him for longshots and great passes to fast strikers
Let me start by saying that I've tried a lot of different attacking midfielders this year. The likes of Zlatan, De Bruyne and Thiago have had the chance for me, all these players have been good in their own way, but i always felt like there was something missing, until i came across Frimino. I converted him to a CAM and I haven't looked back since. This 85 card is the complete attacking midfielder with his incredible positioning and finishing he always comes up as a big threat in front of goal, and with his overall upgrade on all stats he is a delight in at the CAM spot. So far i can't find anything bad to say about this card. Definitely worth testing out.
Defending, but not really with H/H work rates.
This man is a game changer! My friend recommended me this player a day before the weekend league would start, and he said the legendary words: He will suprise you!
And damn was this man right. Firmino's longshots are out of this world, and he makes good run after good run. For 110k you got yourself a pacely, physical, goal scoring monster. I played with him behind IF walcott en Gabriel Jesus (81) and with the L1 pass combos, he was just unstoppable. In 41 games he got himself 46 goals and 22 assists. And with his workrates, it is very hard to defend against him because he Always want to make the next run.
- Pace (with hunter 91 pace)
- 89 stamina
- Workrates High/High (he is almost unmarkable)
- 4 star Weak foot/Skill moves
- Heading (75 heading accuracy and 84 jumping are not the worse, but he is not that tall)
I will start saying i'm not a big fan of the normal gold Firmino card, pretty incomplete and not competitive imo.
I use to have Alexis Sanchez as my best striker, he scored plenty of goals for me and some of them were awesome, unfortunately in FUT it's very difficult for guys like Sanchez or Messi to make it,they get bulled even by average players like Lazio Lukaku's or Smalling. So i decided to buy 2 tall strikers, one of them is Lukaku which price went down in last weeks, and other one this version of Firmino. He is a very very complete player, don't expect him to go as fast as Jesus, Martial and others, but the guy has other abilities.
- VERSATILITY: I have only tried him with HUNTER chemistry, so that is my review: He can play as a striker, as CAM, and maybe also even on the wing. Very few strikers are this versatile.
- Long distance shots. If you have the chance, don't doubt, just shot.
- Height, 1'81 and 78 of strength is key, a bit lower would make him very soft for Big and fast defenders. This guy is the closest thing to small-fast strikers but taller.
- Stamina, 89, very important for weekend league. Also you can start him as ST, and then bring on a ST from the bench and then play Firmino as a midfielder.
- Ball control. You feel pretty safe when he has the ball
- In long shots, he may feel slow sometimes before taking the shot, let's say he needs more time than a super player (Cristiano Ronaldo, Icons, etc..) to make that shot happen.
- Expensive, 120.000 would be a very good price. In around 2 months i'm pretty sure it will go down.