Mariano is one of the most fun players to play with..! He is fast, he is strong and he can score goals from everywhere! He also scores many headers! Only cons I can find is 3 stars weak foot(making him not the best dribbler) and maybe hard to link because he is from Dominican Republic..If you can fit him on your squad don't think twice just do it you won't regret it! Most fun player I used in Fifa 18 alongside 86 Ben Yedder!
Pass (not the best but descent)
4 stars weak foot
3 stars skill moves
Hard to link if you don't have Ligue 1 squad
What a player, Feels like Sergio Aguero but a little faster, the pace is only 98 but with a hunter that goes up and it feels like 99
the shooting on this fella is out of this world he has to score a goal coming off the bench and he's always i mean always in the right place at the right time
i use him a super sub as i use a full side Spanish league team when he comes on it is a game changer, fresh and physicals for days and he scores headers!!
his dribbling is great for a striker not the best but its up there
i can say he is better than the league SBC Griezmann for me.
Pace- With shadow unstoppable
Passing- not bad but not the best
3* Skill Moves
I bought Mariano TOTS as I was looking for a good supersub with a good heading accuracy and jumping.
As he got in both stats 99, he wins almost every header and he scores unbelievable goals. His shooting is also at the maximum level.
Till now I have subbed him in 7 times in the 65-70th minute and he scored once in each match.
If he gets the ball defenders can't catch up, because of his strength.
He is way too cheap, so I would recommend everyone to get him in your squad.
The compusure stat is low but ingame it does not feel at all like 79 composure as he almost finish everything he gets.
His only con is that he is not the best dribbler but if you want a clinical striker he will help you a lot.
Jumping & Heading
4 Star Weak Foot
I am a very mediocre player struggling at Division 4-5 with limited budget and have never been able to qualify for the WL.Tired of the old boring Premier League and decided to sell my team and start fresh. I have decided to go for Ligue 1 and first I needed to start building my team around with a goalscorer and I came across with Mariano. I know very little about him before hand, but at that time I was looking for a decently quick striker with good heading ability. Snapped him up for around 44k and oh boy this was a completely game changer. I still suck but with him I have gained promotions after promotions and now I am playing in d1.
1) Pace: Yes sprint speed aint amazing but the 91 acceleration will give you a very good head start. I bump the acceleration up to 99 and boy he was fast.
2)Shooting: Even without any chemistry boost his finishing and shot power are 93 and 98 respectively. Just forget about finesse or even low driven. Just do an old fashioned blast the ball and it will fly in 9 out of 10 times. 4 stars weak shoot make it possible to do it with both feets and oh boy there aint no better feeling than using him to unleash a rocket past TOTS de gea.
3) Physical: With 99 jumping and heading accuracy, he wins almost every headers. Yes if he face up against TOTS Pique/Ramos he might lose some aerial duels, but he can effectively play the role of an old fashioned no.9 and provide an outlet for crossing and goalkicks.
4) Price: Bought him at 44k, and he is around 60k now. Honestly dont think you can get a better TOTS striker at this price in a reasonably popular league. He is able to link with so many good Ligue 1 players.
1) Dribbling: He is definitely agile enough with 95 agility but 83 dribbling stat is a little on the low side. Can definitely be boosted.
2) Composure: Does miss a couple of shots from time to time under pressure, but then who doesn't? Maybe not the R9 C.Ronaldos but then again if you can afford them there is no point looking for bargains.