I used De Jong's FFS card for over a thousand games and I was happy with his 90-rated card. So it was a no brainer for me to get his TOTS. Especially that he has a perfect link to TOTS De Ligt, one of the best CB's in the game. De Jong is your midfield marshal, who is essential to the integrity and balance of your team. Very good defensively, and equally good going forward. I mainly use him in 4-2-3-1 formation as a CDM who is allowed to join the attack, paired with TOTS Allan, whose instructions is to stay back while attacking and I think together they strike a brilliant balance.
On more than one occasion I need him in another position, and he didn't disappoint as a CAM, and did better than Prime Baresi as a CB. With a Sentinel chemstyle, he is a beast. Very powerful and won't be pushed off the ball even by the strongest of players, many of who started popping up now with everyone having amazing squads. He excels in harrying opponent's midfield, and once on the ball, he feels quite agile and easy to dribble with.
- His long shots are amazing. Once space opens up in front of the Semi-circle, I go for it. He can shrug a defender of with a nice dribble before unleashing his venomous shot!
- Interceptions and tackling. He is good at being in the right place at the right time, and occasionally sniffs out danger and put out fires before they get out of control.
- His agility and 4*SM allows him to get out of tight spaces, and run opponents who pressure him in circles.
- If you are using him as a CAM, his 3*WF is not ideal. I didn't find it to be a problem, and the only reason I don't use him as CAM is because I play either TOTS Aouar or SIF Messi in that position.
- His reaction to lose ball could be better.
- With his Jumping boost and his 180 height, he should win more headers than he actually does. Still potent, but I expect more of him