After last year's disaster with goalkeepers, I was hesitant in spending 40K on a GK during the EA Early Access period. But I told myself if I get a good keeper now, I wont have to worry about buying another keeper for until a major TOTW player is released. So after 90+ games with Oblak in net with a back four of Filipe Luis, Carvajal, Bartra, and Lenglet, I've come to the conclusion that Oblak is definitely worth the price you pay and I would highly recommend him if you are thinking of spending big on a keeper. He easily saves just about any shot that you would expect your keeper to make, and is no stranger to pulling off the miracle save and he can definitely keep you in the game if you are getting battered by shots.
- Handling- rarely spills the ball or punches the ball into dangerous places
- Positioning- never really concedes longshots whether it's a finesse or power unless the player has like 90+ shot power on a finesse, then no one is saving that
- Reflexes- he will get a touch on every shot that comes at him, rather good at stopping a low placed shot in a 1-on-1 situation, and as I said, he consistently makes match winning saves
- Diving- he reaches across the goal if necessary and gets practically any shot out of his way
- Speed- his low speed can cause you trouble if you need him to come out for a loose ball in the box
- Although his positioning is great for power shots and finesse shots, he will concede about 8/10 headers that are on target. For some reason he doesn't like to jump for headers to collect the ball and just stands there as the header slowly passes over his head and into the net. He has been out-jumped twice and conceded headers because he won't jump for a cross sometimes.
- Kicking- it could be just me, but on goal kicks it's practically been a 50/50 chance he will pass to where I aim with the right power. You barely tap the lobbed pass and the ball will end up deep in the midfield rather than close in your your half.