Well, this was the second time I got Rui Costa via SBC, and if I get the chance I will do it again in Fifa 20, just the perfect CAM.
Although you have to spend a few hundred coins and maybe some untradable players in order to complete the SBC, Rui Costa is absolutely worth it to me:
- Brilliant stamina (believe me, the way I play, I really need a CAM that doesn't go "red" within the 90 minutes);
- Unbelievable ball control (I was using Dybala before, there's just no comparison)
- Long shots (Whatever doesn't go in, scares the Goalkeeper)
- Strength (He can take on an adventurous CB or a muscled CDM, great jump too)
- (this one is personal) When he scores you can see banners with his picture jumping up and down in the stands, since I use Benfica's Badge and Kit, the whole thing reminds me of the awesome years I watched him play for my club. (I bet this would also work for Milan and Fiorentina fans).
For me he works perfectly in a system with 4 high-pace players in the wing (I have Sandro, Insigne/D.Costa, Cancelo and Callejon/Cuadrado). Truly a game changer in midfield for me.
- Dribbling/Ball Control
- Passing (all types of pass)
- Long Shot
- You can try him for 20 matches for less than 10k (do put a Deadeye chem, it trully makes the difference)
- Expensive (well, it's an Icon)
- Needs a Deadeye to fully work as the perfect CAM, if you like 90+ Pace players, he may not be your guy (he's fast enough for me)
- I don't see him playing at any other position (not a defensive player at all, despite workrate and decent interceptions)