A bit of a backstory.
I started the game using Kroos for a good while, and when I packed KDB a few months back it was like an evolutionary upgrade. KDB brought everything that Kroos brought to the table - unparalleled passing, thunderous shots from everywhere, good physicality - except at a top level pace for the position and with a really noticeable upgrade in dribbling quality. He quickly became my favorite card in the game, and shaped my gamestyle to focus on his skills. Have tried a bunch of formations but he has remained the constant on that midfield - and the focus of my offense.
So you can understand how excited I was when I saw this was revealed on Christmas. It was indeed a merry one. Still took a second to consider if the upgrade was worth it, and after rationalizing that if I sold my vanilla KDB this upgrade would be pretty much free (plus the chance of nice pulls to make a profit) decided to pull the trigger. Compared to the vanilla one you get +3 pace, +2 everything else.
Having said that, the upgrade might have not been for everyone. I would probably not have done it if I owned his UCL card or if my KDB was untradeable, because the difference to that one is not THAT much. Why is that? Because vanilla KDB is already an amazing card. Feels like an endgame card. And this upgrade just pushes that a bit forward into iconic territory. In fact, for that style of player, there are only counted cards that can be comparable. Matthaus, Baggio, Vieira, Prime Seedorf, Gullit. Idk about you guys, but that is an elite, endgame list and that gives you a bit of perspective on what this card can do and why I think I will play it until the game is done.
Hope you guys enjoyed this review :) until next time
- Top level passing and shooting. Both feet, from everywhere, precise and powerful. I mean it, this guy is damn clinical.
- 5WF/4S - perfect combination.
- Good pace for the position, if boosted by chem style.
- Top level stamina. Lasts whole game even with H/H WR.
- Good dribbling.
- Free / penalty / corner kick maestro.
- Positioning is amazing, will orchestrate your offense.
- Not good in the air - i feel like I scored a lot more headers w Kroos.
- Not reliable on defense.
- The H/H WR means you will have a dead player come overtime, or might use more fitness consumables overall.
- Low strength and balance - this means you have to be very mindful of his dribbling. He can't really contest strong defenders, you need to be smart and move into space, and try to maximize his skills.