To introduce myself shortly; I am nowhere near a pro or something, but I have been playing FIFA for a long time now, and am quite above average. I rarely finish my WL games due to time limitations, but out of 20 games I tend to get between 16-18 wins occasionally.
So first of all, I bought this card a few days after it came out, as I was a little skeptic about FFS cards in the beginning. I have tried many other CB's this year, including Prime Campbell, Middle Rio, Ramos, Varane, played a few with TOTY van Dijk and so on.
This WL, I used this man next to Prime Campbell in a 4-1-2-1-2 (2) as can be seen in the squad link. This guy is the best defender I have ever used in all FIFA's I have played (been playing since FIFA 06), period. Campbell was the weaker link in the pairing, as he seemed sluggish and weak next to Militao. I remember a moment in which the opponents' IF Mbappe was through on goal in a counter, and had about 40 meters to cover while being 10m clear from the nearest defender, so I already counted the goal. But then something vast approached him within a few seconds, catched up with him, threw his body in front of him while running at a speed of 45 km/h and made Mbappe fly a few meters to the side. Yes, it was Militao. Headers, tackles, slidings, AI clearances, tactical defending is incredible with this guy. Never makes a mistake, and also is not prone to those regular "FIFA glithcy accidents". Definitely try him out, he is way better than all icon defenders I can almost assure. He was covering up for mistakes bade by Prime Campbell and Gattuso most of the time, I think that says a lot. For his price, he is worth every penny. I would honestly even pay 1.5 million for him, if I knew he was this good beforehand.
- Heading. This guy jumps like a salmon, usually about 20-40 cm above his competition which is abnormal. Better luck next time CR7 @corners.
- Speed. He is the fastest defender in his class. Maldini comes close, but does not have the same physicality. He catches up with anyone, especially with Anchor or Shadow equipped.
- Tackling and Sliding. This guy just doesn't miss any tackles or slidings. Almost never commits to fouls either. Also, he does not step over the ball or let the ball slip if it rolls 2 km/h next to him when manually controlling him, which happens to most if not all defenders this year (so annoying btw).
- Aggression. He is very aggressive and present on the pitch, I sometimes just have to laugh how overpowered he is, and think by myself that the opponents is probably raging at this moment.
- Magnet. He collects or tries to interfere with all balls entering his 5m proximity, which is huge.
- Agility. A very important aspect to defenders, especially this year, is their agility, reactions and composure. With a lack in these stats, your defender takes the ball from the attacker, to just pass it very inaccurately into another attackers' feet, or just gets bullied by the same attacker again and loses the ball. Not happening with him. Ramos is the other defender this year who comes close regarding this aspect. He reacts insanely quick to your input.
- Tactical defending/positioning. This guy is always on the right spot at the right time, always! Even when not controlling him, he most of the time clears the threat (which I agree is just very overpowered and should not be an aspect to the game, but it is).
- Stamina. Lasts entire games, without an issue, even with extra time.
- League. His league is his only con, as you have to use either Telles as Leftback and an Icon or another Brazilian defender next to him for full chem. Not really a big con though.