I packed Foden out of those 2 x 81 rated player upgrade packs but unfortunately he'll be going straight back into an SBC. I used Foden for 39 games in Div.4 and Weekend league so managed to get a good feel of the card. I used him as a CAM in the 4-1-2-1-2(2) and both central CAM and RCAM in a 4-2-3-1.
He is the definition of BANG AVERAGE. I cannot believe he's going for over 200k when for that price you can buy the likes of Mbappe and Pogba, honestly do not buy into the hype around this promo and get him because for that price he's nowhere near value for money. There were aspects about the card I liked, but in general I was thoroughly disappointed.
A CAM is meant to be the focal point of your attack, someone that can win tight games for you. Foden just isn't that. I implore you to save your money.
- Agility and Balance - both 99 which does tell in game, however these didn't mask over his 79 reactions and 85 dribbling which made his dribbling very inconsistent. He'd drop his shoulder and bounce round a player using his agility but often wouldn't take the ball with him. A very confusing mix
- Stamina - 90 stamina is great for a CAM
- Shot Power - the 96 shot power is noticeable in game, he was good at the low driven shots from the top of the box.
- 88 rated - SBC fodder
- Ball Control - despite being 88 his first touch was terrible, he was constantly lunging for the ball and losing possesion
- Dribbling - as mentioned before, would often leave the ball behind while using his high agility
- Passing - again, despite the high stats in game it just didn't feel good at all. Several occasions in the weekend league he misplaced crucial passes.
- Finesse shots - I know finesse shots have been nerfed but good lord Foden's were bad. didn't score 1 despite many attempts
- Strength - goes without saying for a 5'7 player
- Composure? - Seemed to lack composure in vital moments in the game, such as misplaced passing or poor dribbling.