Marco Reus oh what a relationship i've had with this guy this year. All I have to say is he was truly one of my favourite cards in the game I used everyone of his IF's and would have definitely completed is POTM cards if they weren't so pricey. So as soon as this card was released I knew I had to try him, I managed to pick him up for 585k which was a good price as he is now up at 640 and rising. I was so exited to use this card. I played 10 games... 0 goals... yes 0! I was so surprised Marco had been phenomenal for me all year, yet now he cant score for the life of him... It was just not what I was expecting of a card with 90 Positioning, 90 Finishing, 92 Shot power and 90 long shots?! There is only two explanations,
The first being that I have failed to adapt my game past the timed finesse META that Reus could so easily abuse
Or the second being that, it's not me its him... It could be that, Reus is just a waste of money and a waste of shooting stats, you can barley score from the outside of the box with anyone anymore, let alone a card with phenomenal shooting like Reus.
Anyway, in my personal experience this card fails to finish, he's miserable from the o?utside of the box and I found myself missed many Driven shots in the box with him. (they would always hit the post) I understand that this review is going to get down-voted to hell because thats what happens to all negative reviews, but I felt like I just needed to shed some light on what my experience was playing with this card. If you go out and purchase him I really hope he is a lot better for you, than he was for me.
- Long shots supposedly, although they were poor for me. (exeptional long shots before the patch)
- Pace, his pace was one of the only good things I noted in this card, he felt much quicker than is pervious IF's
- Passing, passing was exactly as what the card says, nothing wrong with his passing.
- Dribbling, he felt very silky on the ball. Good balance, ball control and agility.
- Finishing, was very poor, he found himself in the box once or twice and game and the ball either hits the post from the driven shot or is dragged wide. Extremely frustrating from a card which displays 90 finishing as a stat.
- Physicality, there is not much you can expect here originally, he is a small guy in real life, and is very easily shoved off the ball, gets bullied by Van Dijk, Varane, Ramos ect...
- Stamina, very, very poor stamina especially if your play style is to press, he is always dead by the 70th minute, although this is something that is improved from his previous IF's it is still very poor.