What a player i'm playing him in an advanced midfielder role and he works perfectly has a solid touch can get past a player and when players try and tackle he fends them off with his strength like they aren't there. For the first few games i struggled with him getting to grips with his ideal playing style his defending isn't great and i realised this when i played a 4-3-2-1 and stuck hulk as a casual CM expecting him to do usual duties of a CM , he was great BUT when we lose the ball the side he was playing was just a run through the midfield unless it was a shoulder to shoulder scenario which Hulk would usually come out on top. I believe his ideal position is CF however CAM works the trick too.
- His strength is undeniably one of his best features, as he's a unit in midfield
- Shot power . a 1 on 1 is a goal with the shot power he has he fires it in its great to pull off a green finish with him and just watch it fly in
- He's not my No.1 but he can take a free kick i let him have a few free kicks over my usual De Bruyne and He did tuck away a few with his longer than normal run up
- I find with Hulk and the strength he has he should bully defenders more in the air not just on the ground
- Defending , well obviously he isn't a holding midfielder and shouldn't really be played in CM
- It's hard to keep the ball under control i don't know why but his touches are usually heavier than normal CAM's but it's usually fine but can get frustrating