When the baby icon SBC rolled out, I can't resist and quickly did 3. Got inzaghi and zanetti for the other 2 SBCs which are miserable, but at least I can take comfort in the fact that I landed Ronaldinho in one of the packs. I was so excited to try him out and I have tried to play him in both CAM and ST position in 4231, 433 and 4-1-2-1-2, both narrow and wide formations. He scored 63 goals and got 15 assists in 62 games for me across DR and FUT champ. To summarize, he is a great player, and is a lot of fun to play with, but definitely not without his flaws. Although his price has gone down a lot, I am not sure if I would pay 1.1m cash for him at this stage of the game had I not get him in SBC.
- The icon factor. Admit it, there aint many other players, bar R9 ,Marandona or maybe Guillit that can give you that much anticipation and excitement. The fact that you can use the legend, the best player over the last decade whom a lot of us have grew up watching and adoring is a pure joy.
- Shooting. Hands down the most OP shooter in Fifa 19 that I have used. His longshots are so ridiculously accurate, and his finesse shots still work like a charm even post patch. Every shot within a reasonable distance(provided that he is not terribly off balance) will either hit the post or go in the top corner. He is just so clinical and good at longshots, to a point that I expect all longshots in ridiculous angles would go in. That is how good he is.
- Dribbling. I mean what do you expect, its Dinho after all. Of course he is good at dribbling. 5 stars skill also enable him to perform a lot of tricks, and although I am not good with skills, I still manage to perform some ridiculously good looking flicks and tricks easily.
- Strength. He is deceivingly strong and muscular. Although he cant provide too much of a fight in the air, he can definitely hold his ground against many of the stronger defenders, and he is always on balance. He is no Ibra but he is definitely the strongest CAM I have used.
- Pace. Even with hunter he doesn't feel quick at all. There are numerous occasions when I have beaten the defender with his silky first touch, but the defender managed to outsprint him easily. I suppose his mid or prime version will eradicate this problem with the pace upgrade, but this baby dinho definitely feel slow. If you're the type of need for speed players, he is DEFINITELY NOT for you.
2. Price. For 1.1m, I am not sure if he is worth the coins with so so so many options out there in the market.
3. Passing. Even with his good passing stats, I still find Eriksen or KDB much better passer of the ball. Maybe its the way I play the game, with him staying up front as a CAM and get inside the box for crosses, but I find him much more of a scorer than provider.
4. Stamina. Not his best stat, but if you instruct him to stay forward he can last the 90mins, but he cant last 120.
All in all, he is a great player, and I enjoyed playing with him very very much. Whether he is worth it or not is up to your budget. Sure, if you have the coins you might as well get his mid or prime or even optimus prime versions, but if you only have 1m ish to spend and are looking for a CAM, he is definitely a great choice. Thanks for reading!