I recently switched my La Liga squad to a La Liga / Serie A hybrid and his name was calling out to me when I wanted to change up the defense. If you keep him on Stay Back While Attacking with a Sentinel chem style, he is easily the best defensive full back in the game. He was a massive upgrade to Carvajal who I had before, because Cancelo has pace, height, and great dribbling ability. Being 6'0" he will win just about every back post header and cross-field lob pass, so long as you keep him defensive. He is a great counter to the typical speedy wingers you play against like Sane and Mane since his pace is similar and he can contain them perfectly to the tee if they try to cross or cut inside. I bought him for 80K last week and with the way he is playing, this might've been the best bargain I get all year.
- Pace- 90 pace is probably the best you can get with RB's this year when it comes to building a competitive squad.
- Defending- Always is well positioned, and even has the pace to comeback if he is ever caught out.
- Height- Out jumps just about every winger this year, seeing how Ronaldo is a striker this year.
- Dribbling- his 4 star skills with 80+ dribbling is outstanding when it comes to receiving the ball from CB's, turning, maybe getting away from an opponent, and playing your attacker down teh line.
- Passing- he will make just about every single pass you play to your forwards whether it's on the ground or in the air.
- Physicality- great at shielding the ball and winning a 50/50 against most forwards and wingers
- Stamina- only if you use attacking fullbacks will his stamina seem like an issue late game or in overtime, but since he's a OTW playing excellent football this season, stamina won't be an issue after an upgrade or two.
Cancelo has the potential to become on the greatest RB FIFA users can get their hands on for steal, pace, height, dribbling and great attacking positioning, however, there is weak point that will be addressed after a couple of informs. Let's us start with strength, he lacks strengths not worst but cannot stop players with high balance. Ariel competitiveness is nothing compared to Kyle Walker. You can argue that Cancelo unlockers greater variability in hybrid squad building with trios with (Benatia, Chiellini, Matuidi, Dybala and Ronaldo). When using him a found gaps in my back line (stay back while attacking was applied) it truly depends on your playing style, if you like fullbacks assisting whilst going into the attack, He is your man!
Excellent pace, not a lot more you can ask for considering linkable players from Serie A.
Very useful attacking outlet and can track quick wingers on defense.
Well-positioned in defense and quilty standing tackle.
A key stat many players do not consider being his dribbling capability a must have if an attacking player (4-star skills) can beat players down the line and very reliable when receiving driven -passes from CB and very swift when turning aswell.
Not the strongest can be valuable when shielding the ball
does get beaten in the air surprisingly (''6.0" low jumping stats 76 compared to Walker consisting of 89 jumping with the same height)
Stamina seems to lack after the 70th min, however, is a case for most fullbacks with attacking work rates, further into FIFA is bound to receive a couple more upgrades making him a very safe investment and the best RB in this addition.