So again, another review. This time Telles UCL Live, For me he was so good in nearly every stat that matters, his pace, passing dribbling and stamina were incredible and the way he plays along with UCL Felipe with a shadow and Talisca IF is great. He is Brazilian so offer many links to good players. Used him in 17 fut champs games with an anchor.
- Brazilian so offers heaps of links
- Pace - was really good in tracking back and chasing fast attackers but what surprised me was his pace on the ball while dribbling forward
- Passing - Stats speak for themselves, 91 crossing with 89 curve makes his crosses godly.
- Dribbling - however, this let him down a bit with the agility and balance, but the pace and the other dribbling stats make up for it
- Defending - now again, it wasn't flawless but his defending with anchor was phenomenal
- Work rates?? - High Medium work rates so if not told to stay back was often caught out of position but the work rates are good if you now how to control your fullbacks in attacks and defence
- Physical - Everything was good except the strength which meant he got knocked of the ball by stronger players.
- Shooting - Don't try shoot unless you have no other choice, he scored a banger but it was a one off.
Writing this review to add to the other review by Bayern2004.
For the most part I agree with the points he has made. Telles is a player that has all the stats that really matter for a fullback.
I mostly use him on stay back while attacking in a 4-2-3-1. I play very narrow, so both of my full-backs are my only wide options. When playing out from the back I always try to involve him and send him on a run. With an Anchor he definitely is quick enough, BUT...
here I want to divide this into two things:
One: Attacking runs/ pace with the ball. He really does not seem to get past most full-backs with the ball at his feet. You have to send him through with lots of space to make his pace count without the ball. But when he does make a run they are all very intelligent.
Two: Defensive runs. Honestly I have never seen anything like it. You can send him on a run to the goalline, somehow the ball ends up with your opponent on a counter and Alex Telles will be back in his position out of nowhere. He does have the tendency to leave a player unmarked on the outside though, when your opponent passes the ball around (might be my defensive setup with the team).
To cut things short:
The rest of the stats speak for itself. Incredible stamina, defending, crossing, passing... He will simply catch anyone that tries to go behind your defensive line. One downside: He does not win every standing tackle due to his low strength, but this occasion is quite rare.
In disagreement with the other review:
As long as you hit a green timed finish he hits absolute bangers into the top right corner. I always do that when he is running towards the edge of the 18-yard-box unmarked. If you do not know how to hit them green, then I advise you to rather cross it. Even if you hit it yellow he will shoot it wide at least 90% of the time.
I recommend you use him as a corner kick taker. Hitting them beautifully. Free assists when you have OP players for corners.
Stating the obvious:
- Shooting, when timed perfectly