My squad has a few reds, but mostly relatively cheap players (I get G3-2 in WL, Div 4), and I was looking to replace Immobile or try something new, and I only had 100k coins. Zapata has very attractive stats for my playstyle and he has singlehandedly won several WL games for me, despite the garbage patch that fucks up every shot. I slapped Hunter on him and can only recommend him as Immobile replacement, or to pair with an agile striker like Mertens in my case. I put him on ST (4-2-3-1).
It's great value for money if you need a Lukaku-style Serie A dude. He also links well with Cuadrado.
- Strength: 99 is amazing. He easily pushes away VVD and other bulky dudes. When you are about to cross to him, he makes his way to the right spot without getting stuck, unlike weaker strikers.
- Jumping & heading: cross it to him and it's a goal (use low-driven header!). For me, he performs better than FB Ibra during normal crosses. Also on corners he is quite a beast.
- Shooting: he doesn't have the clinical trait, but he shoots very well and has very high shot power.
- Pace: he isn't ultra fast, so you need to give him some time to get into position. However, his posture allows him to plow through defenders easily.
- Passing: it isn't great. He can do straight passes into open space, but nothing spectacular. On the other hand, he shouldn't pass a lot either.
- Dribbling: he is clumsy. Not terrible, but if you can't shield the ball, he will probably lose it if you don't pass quickly. But for a guy his size it's decent.
- Stamina: it's not terrible tbh, he can last a full game depending on your CTs. I even took him into ET a few times because his headers are winning many games. It's only a bit worse than Immobile whom I subbed out in H2.
Holy cow I absolutely love this card. I have been trying to play this game since launch and haven't had any fun with it up until now. I made a relatively cheap (400k) Seria A squad.
I put a shadow chem on Zapata to upgrade his speed and heading since his shooting was already good enough. I have been avg about 2-3 goals per game with him from either headers or thunderbolt like strikes from outside the box.
Heading! This man is a beast in the air
Power Shots (finesse isn't great due to low curve)
passing is better than expected, not great but gets the job done for a striker
Pace, he is faster than you'd think up front
Sometimes out of position
A little clunky turning
Tired of your Strikers getting bullied by CB like VVD, Varane?
Then he is the answer to your problems he is the only striker I ever witnessed who can withstand the physical power of VVD.
Beside his amazing strength, he has an amazing heading ability
if you play through your wings he is a have-to. Every cross reaching him is a goal and even if somehow the keeper saves the ball you get a second chance
to score through a the corner. It is great to have an option like him as forward bcs if you
are struggling offensively you can be lucky and score the goal from a cross.
Don't be scared to use him coz of his pace and bad passing and dribbling. With Hawk on it, he really doesn't feel slow.
His passing is a problem doe you should only pass with the X button while using him.
Dribbling feels a bit clumsy but shouldn't be the problem if you hold the left trigger to protect the ball
I'm a lover of all types of strikers and i tried a lot of players (fast players, strong players, tall splayers, small players ecc.).
In the team i used Zapata played st in a 4-3-3 offensive with messi 96 coc, papu 96 RW and Muriel LW.
I can say that he is so clinical, expecially with all types of power shots but also with volleys, tap in and of course headers. I tried Vieri Prime Icon and Shearer Prima icon and he is that type of player. Yes, he has less long shots (decent long shot, not much), but he is better in speed, dribbling, strenght and headers and if u talk about finishing he can finish so so good.
Obviusly he is clunky and he has low agility and not so much aggression, but he has a very very good sprint speed and a first touch that really impressed me, better than what the stats says.
For this price (150k) he is woth the coins! He is so tall, with great jumping, great headers, fantastic finishing, very very nice first touch, and great sprint speed and of couse 99 Strenght!
In Serie A u can't find a better striker if u have less than 2 million coins. At least his passing... Is ridicolous he can fail so much passes, only press X and pray cause he miss so much of them!
Height, jumping and headers
Shot power (98)
Agility (73 but seems lower)
Stamina (but for a strinker in my opinion isn't a great con)
Aggression (67, i prefer this type of big strykers with more aggression)
Passing (62 but in game is so bad, worse than most defenders, he can miss also easy passes, a shame... so use him also to finish an action)
I'm no FIFA pro, and when I committed to building a Serie A squad a while ago, I struggled for weeks to win games. I had essentially been punting the ball to Mandzukic as a holdup man, and I would rely on Douglas Costa & Cuadrado's pace and skill to run in behind and score. I bought Zapata yesterday, and the impact was instantaneous. He scored on his debut as I got thrashed 6-1 (call it a learning experience), before hitting a brace and a hat trick as I won four of my next five. Deadly finisher in the box, awesome shot power, and he doesn't miss tap-ins (Douglas Costa used to shank open volleys out for throw-ins). Pace isn't his strong suit but he's certainly not slow, and as someone used to Mandzukic it was a serious upgrade. His strength is also lovely, as I find him winning rebounds and 50/50 balls as he barges around creating mahyem in the opponent's 18. I sold my future star Lafont to fund Zapata because the keeper was letting in easy shots regardless of his rating, and it has been a fantastic tradeoff so far. If this guy can make me of all people look like a decent player, he'll definitely help you out.
- Strength lets him bully defenders and recover the ball even when he loses it
- Great shooting makes him a deadly finisher (especially at close range)
- Pace and dribbling are respectable if not incredible, and he rewards deliberate, measured buildup
- Passing could be improved, if this is a big part of your striker game maybe consider a passing chem style (hasn't been an issue for me)