after using the 93 version of Henry, this version seems to be much more perfect.
Don't get me wrong, this card is amazing, but there are some points which let him down.
- Shooting is nearly perfect, he can sore goals which normally don't are some
- Pace is okay, SIF Tarkowski could catch up somehow but thats the game mechanic
- Better balance than the 93 version - you can feel it a bit
- dribbling is smooth and agile
- Workrates: for a card over 4 mio price tag, hes workrates reduces him ingame A LOT !!!!
- Balance is not perfect but better
- Feels sometimes weak
- Price-Performance-Ratio !
To be honest, there was not the big difference between his normal prime version. Vor nearly double the price, i would prefer the 93.
In case of the workrates, TOTY Mbappe or Eusebio are doing their job much better.
First of all, sorry for my English.
Henry is my favorite Player of all Time and it was allways my dream to play with him in FIFA.
So this Year i had the Coins...but their were so many other good Strikers like Eusebio and you know, you want the best player, also i was scared because of his Workrates M/M.
I said fuck it, i want to enjoy this game and want to play with Henry.
Guys... Best Decision i've ever made.
Positions: ST in 4-2-2-2 and 4-2-3-1 with FB Firmino
Chemistry Style: First Marksman, after a few matches Engine.
Used in: Weekend League (Elite 3) and Division Rivals (Div.1)
Individual Tactics: Run Behind the Defense line and Stay forward
111 Matches, 133 Goals, 35 Assists ( Club is imported )
Where do i start.
Pace (10/10): He is unbelievable fast, their is nothing to add.
Shooting (10/10): If you thought after the Big Patch Finesse Shots are not as strong as before, Henry will proof you wrong. With the Finesse Shot Trait, 90 Shot Power and 98 Finishing, its allways a goal, even if from a long distance, its like the Patch never happened. Inside the Box its allways a goal, you dont even have to use Timed Finish.
And his positioning is on Point, like a said, i was too scared because of his Workrates but he allways ready and free, his runs are perfect and Henry is ready to score
Passing 8/10: With Marksman his pass was bad, with Engine its very good, i wouldnt play him as a CAM, but for a striker i think thats enough.
Dribbling (10/10): With Engine or Marskman, Except of Balance and Composure, everythin is 99, this Player is so enjoyable to play, he dribbles like a Butra or Eusebio, but he is 188cm Tall. Balance is sometimes an issue, so if you play against a Van Dijk, its possible that you struggle a little bit, but definetely not a CON, because with Engine he has 80 Balance and with 99 Agility its definitve acceptable.
Physicality (7,5/10): He can hold the Ball, he wins sometimes duels, but also loses if your opponent has a player like Vieira, Van Dijk etc. His Headers are great, but its not a Ronaldo, so he wont win every Header in the Match, but if he does, its 9/10 a goal.
Overall Rating 9,5/10.
Henry is definitely a Game Changer, in my opinion he is one of the greatest Striker in the Game, i would even say better than the NIF Ronaldo.
If you would ask me, would you buy him or do his SBC if you were not a Big Fan of him, probably i would say yes after i played his Loan Card, but for his Price of 2.600.00 Coins, theire are a lot other Alternatives who would do a great Job too. You can compare him to a bigger Agüero or a faster and smoother Lewandowski.
- Dribbling ( espacially Agility)
- Shooting ( Power, Finesse, espacially Finesse, Finishing, everyhting)
- Heading Accuracy
- Linkable Player
- Workrates ( I mean you don't realize it that much, but with H/M or even H/L...OMG.
- Jumping ( He is 188cm tall, but against a VanDijk you dont win a header.
- With Marksman the Balance, but not a big Con, just sometimes.
So I will start off by saying that my team is pretty ridiculous!! My pack luck while completing these Icon SBC's were pretty insane thanks to end game deals and what not... ANYWHOOO on to the review.
I was quite surprised how little i have actually seen this guy in teams all season. Stats are amazing, 6' 2", and pretty recent of an Icon so a lot of people are familiar with him. Thierry Henry is a BEAST!!! He always seems to be in the right place at the right time. He has ridiculous shooting and can find the net almost anywhere!! His ability to stay on the ball when getting bumped, bruised and bulldozed are all fantastic!
in 20 WL games, i have scored 27 Goals with 14 Assists. Having him paired up with Cruyff and Pele pretty much guarantee that he finds the ball and is in perfect scoring position. The only concern regarding this stud would have to be his balance. Even with that, i have played with him using the basic chem style and still put in work.
If you are really considering to do any of the Icon SBC's before the game is over, definitely try out yo boy Thierry!!
- 6' 2"
- Shoots for DAYS
- Quick to beat the line
- Strong to hold the ball
- Decent enough passing to get assists
- Intimidating to see going up against
- Might be tall but boy doesn't jump
- Better in a 2 striker set
Thierry Henry is one of my favorite players, so of course I was compelled to complete the SBC despite it being horribly overpriced. I replaced prime Shevchenko with him and it was obviously a huge upgrade but he never felt like a true number 9. I tried everything I could and nothing would work the way I envisioned it working. He was still very good at striker, but not that elite player I knew him to be in real life. He refused to make good runs and lacked the killer instinct that a great striker has. It wasn't until recently that I figured out what the issue was; EA screwed up (big surprise) and gave him medium attacking work rate. To experiment, I moved him down to CAM and moved Eusebio up to striker - the change was immediately noticeable. Since then, Eusebio has become unstoppable and Henry has become my best playmaker. He was an underrated passer in real life, but his lethal striking abilities heavily outweighed that.
In conclusion, don't buy this card or complete the SBC expecting the same Henry you witnessed playing because you won't get him. This Henry card is good as a striker, but great as an attacking mid. I would suggest playing him as a central CAM and only playing him at striker in a two-striker formation where his partner has high attacking work rates. As a striker use marksman and as a CAM use maestro. He performs best with those two chem styles.
- Rapid pace, but not game-breaking like other players
- Great shooting and surprisingly scores a lot of goals off the post
- Brilliant passing
- Near-perfect dribbling, only marred by his balance at times
- Good enough at defending when needed
- High stamina and decent strength
- Good hold-up play for the most part
- Rarely seems to be in the spots I need him to be in and 80% of the time doesn't make good runs
- Low balance means he will occasionally get shoved off the ball at inopportune times
- Horrible jumping even with marksman or hawk; he rarely wins headers and quite a few of them are inaccurate
- Overpriced (but worth it if you're a fan of Thierry Henry)