There are many people say Messi is better than CR7 in real life and CR7 is better in fifa.
I'm not trying to raise war between them but i will say even in real life and in game, they have their own best.
Some people say EA can't really make Messi like the way he is in real life but i will have to deny that. EA made real Messi in game.
This guy will not jump high and score header like CR7 does in real life and best in game but Messi will dribble pass a lot defenders and score.
Like real life, when Messi gets ahead defenders, no one can knock him down, his balance and speed makes him very difficult to fall down.
He is the god of dribbling in real life and in game. Even better than CR7, Mbappe Toty.
This card is the cheap version of Toty card which the only down side is stamina, i play dual ST with Messi and Ibra FB and he can last for 120min and he is the guy receive most passes and make run score and assist.
after many matches i think i know why he is not popular in game compare to CR7:
- Jump and header are the meta now and CR7 is the beast of it.
- Messi is difficult to play, since the best of him is dribble which is not easy in Fifa 19 when the game run very fast in Division rival and WL, you have to be really good at dribbling to use the best of this guy.
- Messi is too fast, he is too fast to control, for the game when you can read the opponent move then i'm sure you can do what Messi does in real life, dribble pass all of defenders and score because he is too fast and i never experience any player like that in Fifa. But if you can't dribble and mainly use passes and header then will not get the best out of him, use CR7 instead.
- For some games Messi will score a lot, this is when you outplay Opponent and can use Messi to hold the balls, dribble then find space to pass and score but if you face opponent with higher level than you have then you will have a little problem. Anyway, just try to use his left foot, inside and outside of the box is ok, he will curve the ball perfectly and leave GK no chance.
- Messi is not the run behind type player, he can't make run pass defenders like CR7 does, even Base card CR7 is better at this point. Messi is fast but its acceleration fast, he can make very fast short run, that's why dribble is the best of him , Like real life. IF you can trick opponent with body feint or any type of skill then you will leave your opponent behind. No one can catch him with his balance and acceleration.
- Shooting : Left foot is dangerous with all type of shot.
- Passing: Like real life, he can drag defenders and make your opponent think he will use left foot to shoot but then you use passes to punish.
- Dribbling: Best in the game, his height, balance, acceleration make him the best in the game, EA made this very real so it comes with difficulty to handle, NO ONE DRIBBLES LIKE HIM IN REAL LIFE, ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE ANYONE TO DRIBBLE HIM LIKE THAT INGAME.
- Stamina: 90 Would be perfect, 99 Toty is what he deserved.
- Freekick: The Perfect Curve, The easiest player to use.
- Emotional feeling when you dribble through alot players then score. Much more than the feeling you score from header and of course its difficult.
- Can't get boring using him.
- He is the end game card, even tots arrives, it can't be much different, the only thing can be upgrade is stamina which is now already decent.
- He is not the player for everyone.
- Difficult to master. but when you succeed...
- Weak RB in Laliga to link ( depend on your formation ), best option is Busquest Scream which is very expensive.
- Stamina could be better.