He is an amazing player! got him untradable from my Rank 3 div 6 div rivals rewards. Opened it an saw: Walkout, Argentinian, CF, MESSI!!!!!
slotted him on CAM in a 4-3-3(4) with 86 CL Saul and 89 Dybala to link with Cacelo OTW and Cuardado. HE is the BEST CAM i have EVER used in ALL of FIFA!
Just abuse his shooting and dribbling to score goals. I dont use skills or any other fancy moves so no review on that part.
Made By: A Dutch Boii, so im sorry for grammar mistakes. #Dyslexia #FirstReview
- Shooting, What do i have to say. His finesses are amazing. Even without timed shooting/finishing.
- Passing, OP long balls and crosses. this guy makes pace more valuable because your striker doesnt touch the ball before shooting.
- Dribbling, Super movement like no other player. Super nice wiggle dribble. Just slices trough midfielders.
- Pace, He will outrun your Godin/Hummels type players but will struggle against any other fast (78+ pace) defenders, with good defending or physical.
- Weak Foot, His Right foot is great but just not on the level of hits left. But was still able to score some goals with his right foot. Mainly casual finesses
- Height, Will not win headers on the midfield but if he comes up against a small midfielder (Fred etc. 175CM or smaller) with less jumping, will there be a chance to win it.
- Defending, As a Cam he sometimes has to fall back a bit but that is not why i have Messi. Just so i have it mentioned.
- Physicality, I put him on CAM because his pfysical ability, dont let him near defenders just let him shoot from outside the box. He will get pushed off the ball easy mainly because of his low strenght.
- Stamina, Around the 75-80 minute mark you will see that he is out of stamina. Just sub him out around 70-75 in the game for a other CAM to avoid that.
Lionel Messi has always been a problem to use in FUT, but in FIFA 19 it seems that they have finally found a way to make him incredible. Messi, for me, finds ways to score lots of important goals. The first game I played with him I came up against someone who was much better at the game then me. However, Messi made the difference I was able to score 3 of the 3 shots I took with him. His finesse shot is virtually unstoppable. His stamina is a problem along with his physical stature. If you go to overtime the mans stamina will be gone so sprinting is not an option. I have left him in for 120 minutes and allowed him to sit in the middle of the field as strictly a passer and even without any energy left he will still drop perfect passes. I use Messi in the 4-4-1-1 formation with Suarez up top, Messi at cf, and kondogbia and tolisso as supporting cms. I would only use messi at positions where minimal aggressiveness is required and where he will be able to dribble.
defending (he will come back to win some tackles)
I bought Messi for the Weekend League and was a bit scared about him. Will he be so good?! Whats about the strength? But i tried him at a CAM in a 433.
And i can really really recommend him!! He is a absolutely beast! His shooting (finest or normal it doesnt matter) is amazing, the 4 star weak foot is important and you will see it.
He scored some banger for me in the last seconds and helped me to save many points, He is brilliant
Shooting, Dribbling, Passing, 4 Star Weak foot, movement
stamina, strength (doesnt matter at CAM)
A true genius. Messi will certainly be a game changer if you shell out the coin.
His acceleration, dribbling, long shots and passing mean he is best suited to play in a CAM role - the best set-up I’ve used is a 4-4-2, with CR7 as LS “Get In Behind”, and Messi as RS playing as a false 9.
What he lacks compared to Cristiano is sheer power and aerial ability; but what he adds in the upper midfield is smoothness on the ball, and the ability to unlock defenses with excellent through balls. Not to mention his long shots which are impeccable.
He changes the game in a more subtle way than players like Cristiano (powerful, pure goal scorers) and Neymar (flair, technical dribblers). Instead of relying on power and skill moves, you’ll be able to simply run past defenders using nothing more than the occasional Cruyff turn or fake shot, and do much more than just finish the opportunity yourself or toss in a long shot with crossed fingers. His passing and dribbling abilities accentuate the strengths of his teammates - he can put a pacy winger on to goal, make quick 1-2s with a second striker in the box, or just do the aforementioned and put it in effortlessly himself.
As close to a perfect player that you will find. If you have the coins, do it.
- Dribbling is as precise and incredible as always. No skill moves needed to leave 3-4 defenders with broken ankles
- Finessed long shots deadly
- Close-range finishing is skilful and reliable, especially finessed ground shots and chips
- Passing is phenomenal - he can make quick touches, and most importantly he can put a ball to the feet of any player running through on goal 9 times out of 10. I recommend running him through the middle and pairing him with a pacy left-wing.
- Acceleration top-notch. Combined with his dribbling, this makes him almost untouchable in the final third
- Strength not exactly like in real-life: he gets pushed off in situations you wouldn’t expect
- Pace is not as blistering as in previous FIFAs, his acceleration is still excellent but I wish he could still break through with a higher sprint speed
- You’ll lose physical presence and aerial ability in your midfield if you’re slotting him at CAM or ST @ False-9
- Stamina; a very slight issue and totally use-case dependent.
I packed this card in my first Squad Battles reward and was eager to test him in as many ways as possible.
I tried him as CF, as ST, as LF/RF and as a CAM. My opinion is that as a striker (CF/ST/LF/RF) he is not as good as he could be. Altough it is an incredible card, he can (and will) be easily pushed off the ball against fairly strong defenders.
The pacing, in this game, makes it even harder to play him as an striker.
However, as a CAM he becomes the supreme midfielder: awesome passing, superb dribling skills and with his shooting skills, he will be like a secret weapon in the midfield, coming from behind to score goals. Damn, he can even win some headings in the midfield.
- Dribling Skills
- FK Acuracy
- Good Pacing (for a CAM).
- Stamina - He can handle an entire game, but in an extra-time situation, he wont be dead.
- Penalties - He is just OK at penalties.