As an AC Milan fan I got in the eyes his presentation on the summer 2008... the speaker in San Siro screamed loudly his name... fireworks... ovations... wow! and I'm very happy to achieve this card at this point of the game, really I think that only Icons can give this to this videogame.
I mean, I perfectly know that for THIS price I should get a better player but... Dinho is unique. Basically you pay the player's skin and animations. The former is usless, the latter is interesting. Let's see how this guy performs in game (Rivals and SB at Legendary skills)
Pace 8/10: this version represents the "dropping" phase of this legend career, and honestly in 2008-2011 he was far from the speed he got on his prime. By the way, in FUT 19 speed is not so important, expecially if you play a narrow formation with short passing to get near the keeper. His speed is enough to do that and surprisingly even if you play as LF in a 4 3 2 1 formation (switched in game to keep the 10 chem).
Shooting 9/10: I bought this guy with hawk and 2 shots every 3 attempts went on the post. Post bar post bar... Switched on Deadeye and I saw the light: this guy scores 8 times in the first 10 games, not bad for a CAM. His positioning is very impressive, he makes amazing runs on the space despite the workrates suggests a static player. Use properely the instructions and he plays as an additional striker.
Technical skills 10/10: I'm not a skiller, to be honest I got the same reflexes of a blind walrus. Basically with this guy you may randomly move the sticks in order to perform effective skills. Even the fake shots are OP, much much more than I can see on other players. I think this is due his peculiar animations, or his hairstyle that can hypnotize the opponents... Even the passing is very good, expecially on the corners you may feel the curve is OP.
Physical 8/10: surprisingly strong on the ball, jumping is nothing special and you may notice that because he's not an aerial threath (I switched him with KP Boateng, my previous CAM... he was excellent on headers). So do not spam crosses with Dinho, play with quick and short passes even to save his stamina. Oh yes, stamina... use the instuctions and you will not have problems.
Fun Factor 10/10: this is the main reason to buy this card, not the performance itself. Icons are good cards, but of course the price-quality ratio is lower than other cards. Are you a PRO? Are you aspiring to be the Universe FUT champion? You got a nettle rush every time you see a value under 90 on stamina? Stay away from Dinho. You want to enjoy this game again? Try him, prepare to lose (maybe) some games and open your hearth to the Joga Bonito.
When the baby icon SBC rolled out, I can't resist and quickly did 3. Got inzaghi and zanetti for the other 2 SBCs which are miserable, but at least I can take comfort in the fact that I landed Ronaldinho in one of the packs. I was so excited to try him out and I have tried to play him in both CAM and ST position in 4231, 433 and 4-1-2-1-2, both narrow and wide formations. He scored 63 goals and got 15 assists in 62 games for me across DR and FUT champ. To summarize, he is a great player, and is a lot of fun to play with, but definitely not without his flaws. Although his price has gone down a lot, I am not sure if I would pay 1.1m cash for him at this stage of the game had I not get him in SBC.
- The icon factor. Admit it, there aint many other players, bar R9 ,Marandona or maybe Guillit that can give you that much anticipation and excitement. The fact that you can use the legend, the best player over the last decade whom a lot of us have grew up watching and adoring is a pure joy.
- Shooting. Hands down the most OP shooter in Fifa 19 that I have used. His longshots are so ridiculously accurate, and his finesse shots still work like a charm even post patch. Every shot within a reasonable distance(provided that he is not terribly off balance) will either hit the post or go in the top corner. He is just so clinical and good at longshots, to a point that I expect all longshots in ridiculous angles would go in. That is how good he is.
- Dribbling. I mean what do you expect, its Dinho after all. Of course he is good at dribbling. 5 stars skill also enable him to perform a lot of tricks, and although I am not good with skills, I still manage to perform some ridiculously good looking flicks and tricks easily.
- Strength. He is deceivingly strong and muscular. Although he cant provide too much of a fight in the air, he can definitely hold his ground against many of the stronger defenders, and he is always on balance. He is no Ibra but he is definitely the strongest CAM I have used.
- Pace. Even with hunter he doesn't feel quick at all. There are numerous occasions when I have beaten the defender with his silky first touch, but the defender managed to outsprint him easily. I suppose his mid or prime version will eradicate this problem with the pace upgrade, but this baby dinho definitely feel slow. If you're the type of need for speed players, he is DEFINITELY NOT for you.
2. Price. For 1.1m, I am not sure if he is worth the coins with so so so many options out there in the market.
3. Passing. Even with his good passing stats, I still find Eriksen or KDB much better passer of the ball. Maybe its the way I play the game, with him staying up front as a CAM and get inside the box for crosses, but I find him much more of a scorer than provider.
4. Stamina. Not his best stat, but if you instruct him to stay forward he can last the 90mins, but he cant last 120.
All in all, he is a great player, and I enjoyed playing with him very very much. Whether he is worth it or not is up to your budget. Sure, if you have the coins you might as well get his mid or prime or even optimus prime versions, but if you only have 1m ish to spend and are looking for a CAM, he is definitely a great choice. Thanks for reading!
So after getting frickin Litmanen in my last base icon SBC, the EA gods blessed me with my next one with this beast. Firstly this card is really fun and his stats lie! I use him on engine, so his shooting isn't even upgraded and he has scored almost every shot. He has scored every finesse long shot he's had so thats really op. His passing and dribbling are also great and it feels like you don't even need to know skills to do skills with him. He is also surprisingly very strong and fast and is rarely pushed off the ball also because of his sorts high balance. Overall this card is a good mix of fun and skillful and i would deffo recommend him if you have the coins to splash.
Stamina- not as much of an issue with stay forward
He is not for everyone, if you are a skill-type of player, then he is your DREAM come true, if not, you can still benefit from him, but you won't be able to unlock his full potential.
So I'll tackle the basic stuff so that this review could be for everyone...
His pace is decent, with a hawk or a hunter he'll be just fine. Both seem to have the same effect.
His ball control and agility is on another level, and it helps a lot at the end of the game when his stamina is dying.
His passing, short, long, through balls, back heels, all reach the destination perfectly.
His shooting was a huge surprise for me, his long shots seems to always go in that when he misses an impossible shot you'll be pissed of him! LOL, weak foot feels like a 5
His heading was a bigger surprise for me, unlike his stats say his heading accuracy is just perfect, never missed a header for me up till now, and his jumping is more than fine without even the boost.
His strength is alright, or as expected, not weak and not strong, its not like I was expecting him to carry VVD on his back and keep on running.
His Stamina is the biggest letdown of course, he can manage a full 90 mins if you start with an 85+ fitness and playing a balanced game. But, have noticed that he tracks back more than he should be, sometimes it feels like he even has a M/M workrate. So maybe if he was instructed to stay up front he would last more.
Long shots (all types)
Interception....YES, interceptions! Don't ask me how!!
Packed him in the base icon SBC, I first used him as a super sub then sold my Eusebio to get some coins and put Roni in the starting eleven. He is a very fun player to use with his 5 start skills. He has good passing and shooting but nothing outstanding.
I'd suggest to use him as a super sub, when your WL game goes until the 120th he can be a great game changer. But when he starts a game he tends to become invisible in the 2nd half.
- dribbling is awesome
- having the most talented player ever in your team
- stamina is a big issue, in the 2nd half (I'd say starting from the 60th-70th minute) he becomes so weak and slow, almost invisible. I have him on "Stay forward" but it's not enough. You definitely need to sub him or use Roni as a super sub.
- he feels weak, he often looses physical confrontations against opponent CDMs. You should dribble or make small passes to get through, but avoid going shoulder to shoulder.