When i first bought him i was really scared he wouldnt perform as i hoped for since he costed most of the coins i had at that time but he really worked hard every game and scored important goals at importent times. Having had a pretty bad team to start with Mpabbe had real issues getting assist's since his teammates just would't score and with the team fluctuating heavily around him (mostly on the more left flank) he continued to win games for me with great solo run's and also managed to pick up a fair few assist with my latest addition to the squad Ben Yedder.
Once thing standing out the most on this card is that even when he gets pushed of the ball he will try to go around the defender and reach the ball first witch he does with ease if there isnt a second defender at hand to help out.
- Pace: He is as fast as it gets especially with the ball he is very explosive.
- Finishing: Cold as ice and very efficient. (Sniper Chem)
- Dribbling: Extremly good
- Longshots: Aslong as you dont get to crazy with the range he will score with very high consistency (Sniper Chem)
- Agillity: Lightning
- Positioning: he is making great runs and has good positioning.
- Strength: Just enough to battle with most wingbacks but you should try to avoid getting shoulder to shoulder with CB's
- 5 Star Skills: If you know how its just a joy with him since he executes the skills insanly quick only really matched by the likes of Neymar
- Weak foot: Actually feels alot like 5 Stars
- Crossing: It is not really impressive.
Firstly I'd like to say if you reference the squad I link, I played this team in a 4-3-1-2 usually with Coutinho at CAM and Suarez/Mbappe on strikers. On to the review then.
I have tried out a lot of expensive players this year and wanted to try Mbappe at some point, although I didn't like any of his cards last year. However, coming in at over 400k coins with the stats he does seemed steep. He really only has finishing, pace, and dribbling, but I figured I should get it out of the way and try him out.
In 59 games he has scored 50 and assisted 20 (This was higher prior to Suarez coming into the team). The man finishes everything inside the box. Even when he is outside the box his finesse shots as well as some low driven shots go right in with the keeper barely moving to get them.
At 96 pace with 89 dribbling and 5* skills you can get past nearly anyone. You really don't need to be a skiller to make use of this guy, just doing a move here or there on him puts you right through on goal or into position to pass the ball onto a striker.
I will mention also I used Deadeye on him as it significantly boosted his shot, as well as his passing which I found crucial for him.
Let me further break him down.
- 96 Pace - As mentioned above he is lightning quick. I have used other players like Salah and Bale and for some reason Mbappe just feels so much faster than them. He is one of the only fast players I have used this year that actually feels as fast as their card says. 10/10
- 81 Shot - Right so looking at this card you can see that he has a weird distribution of stats in shooting. His positioning and finishing are obviously insane. Shot power and longshots never seemed to be a problem, he scored from outside the 18 with ease if given the chance. As mentioned above his finesse shots are also amazing. I do recommend a Deadeye or other shooting boost chem style here just to help round out his stats and make him even more effective (99 positioning and 99 finishing with Deadeye). 10/10
- 79 Passing - This is where the Deadeye came into play. After finding some reviews of this card online I saw people complain about his passing and more specifically his crossing. I figured I would boost that up, and although the chem style only gives him +5 crossing, I see no issues with it at all. He's no KDB, but he can definitely make passes when you need him too. 8/10
- 89 Dribbling - Not much to say here. This is very much "what you see is what you get". Amazing dribbling, he moves so quickly with the ball and can turn immediately when needed. His balance and composure really are visible in game as well since he seems to hold himself up to get the shot off even when being pushed around by defenders. 10/10
- 39 Defending - Well I played him on striker with my tactics set to "stay forward" so this was never relevant outside heading. Mbappe actually scored me a handful of headers over my opponents defenders. I will base this solely off his heading as his actual defending abilities are rarely, if ever seen. 7/10
- 72 Physical - As I mentioned above I have Mbappe set to stay forward. This means although he has 83 stamina (which isn't very low anyways), he still has around 50% of his stamina left at the 90 minute mark. As I previously stated as well his heading is decent so jumping is fine. His strength and aggression seem to be downright wrong as there are many occasions where he can push off defenders and get in on goal. 8/10
- 5* Skills - I'm not a skiller, but if you get towards the box you can pull a single skill move with Mbappe and if you don't get past the defender, you will often get shoved for a penalty. I usually use a Berbaspin, Rabona fake, or La Croqueta.
- 4* Weak Foot - As always 4* WF is the best you can get on most players. I don't shoot left footed with him much but as you'd expect he can certainly put goals in with both feet.
There isn't much to say here. He's honestly one of the best cards I've used all year. If I had to complain about anything I would say:
- Price - at 425,000 at the time of purchase he is definitely an investment. DO NOT drain your entire club of coins for this player. If you can't afford a decent team around him, don't take the plunge.
- Defending - If used at RM this would be more of an issue as he does have very minimal defending stats.
Let me start off by saying that I had extremely high hopes for this card, especially after paying 450K for the card.
I decided to run deadeye (10 chem) on this card for the sole reason of getting his curve up above 90 (because finesse shots are broken), and he has more than enough pace;)
In game I would swap to a 4-1-2-1-2 (2) and put Mbappe at right striker next to UCL Suarez, with Coutinho at CAM. The interplay between these three was phenomenal, and Mbappe's explosive pace was giving my opponents fits in the Weekend League. He was also extremely dangerous wide, abusing fake shots and heel clicks to get around defenders and get down the touchline was very effective with him. His finesse shots were also very effective, anywhere around the edge of the box, or just inside, he was lethal, especially when he used the outside of his right foot.
- The best card I have used so far in being able to abuse heel clicks and fake shots.
- His ability to stop and go also opened up lots of finesse shot opportunities around the edge of the box
- His finishing was exceptional, had no complaints really, his finesse shot was amazing, I did try to do some low driven shots across the keeper while pacing down the side and they were inconsistent, but I think that is largely because of the nerfs to low driven shots as a whole in FIFA 19.
- My favorite thing about this card was his strength in interplay, partnered with other good passing attackers, such as the ones I used (Suarez and Coutinho), Mbappe excelled. His combination of pace and skill on and off the ball made him a nightmare with Suarez and Coutinho feeding him through balls
None really, strength was nothing impressive, but he wasn't weak by any means.
I used him with Aguero in front and Neymar as CAM, acompanied with Kante, Pogba and Fabinho in the midfield. This guy is literally insane, beside the moments when he is invisible on the pitch - I don't know why, but definitely scripting and momentum are the reasons. I got him for 540k, and instead of Salah - previous option is 10 times better as striker. I play him RS in 41212(2).
In 20 matches he has 16 goals and 2 assists - all in FUT Champs. Noticing that he scored this with Neymar and Aguero near him.
Nice longshots, he puts in the ball from every angle.
5 star skill moves accompanied with 4 star wf.
At some moments, he "disappears" from the pitch and does nothing, but losing the ball.
I was pretty 2 minded about spending this much money on one player.. .
im glad i made the plunge to get Mbappe! what a player, quick, agile and clinical, i havent used a player like him before.
In his first 5 games for me in rivals, he managed to get 9 goals and 4 assists at striker!
If you have the money, get him now!