All of my games I played with him were div 4 rivals matches. To link him, I played a 4-5-1 with SIF Donnaruma GK, 86 Romagnoli and 88 Nesta CBs, 84 Velasco LB, 84 Atal RB, 87 Hinestroza LM, 87 De La Cruz CM, 87 Okocha RM, 87 Scocco LAM, Perez RAM, and 87 Acuna ST. In-game, I switched to a 4-2-3-1 with Perez and Acuna as my CDMs. I was debating whether I should use anchor or engine, after looking at each chem style for a bit, I decided to go with engine for the extra agility/balance. His pace was a bit of a let down, he wasn't nearly as quick as Acuna, but I've never used a defensive mid with Acuna's pace on this fifa. He can keep up with your average striker, but when I went against TOTY Mane, Mbappe, Traore etc.. he felt a bit sluggish. Perez is very good on the ball, his ball control and passing are superb. Something that I really enjoyed with this card was his long shots. In 26 games he scored 10 goals as my more defensive minded CDM. His long shots are absolute rockets that either find the top corner or hit the post. His 1v1 defending is absolutely insane, there is no way to dribble around this guy. His defensive awareness and interceptions are also good, and he makes alot of key interceptions, but his med/med work rates are noticeable, and sometimes he is not where you need him to be when the other team is on a counter attack. He is stronger than I thought he'd be, so I think I will stick with engine, and he can body most strikers. With his work rates, 87 stamina is fine, and I rarely have to sub him out. He is pretty compareable to Lisandro Martinez future stars, but a little better. If you need Perez for the links, he is definately worth it, but if you can use any Argentine CDM, I'd recommend using Martinez for 80k cheaper ( I did this SBC with no first owned players for 110k ) and use the extra coins to upgrade you team in other areas. Overall this is a fun card that is fairly priced and easy to link with uncommon teams that you don't see often instead of using teams of the top 5 leagues.
- Defending, Rock solid 1v1 defending.
- Passing, ( engine chem style ) 99 short pass, 98 long pass, and 95 vision. Could use more curve, but his passes are still superb.
- Dribbling, Very good ball control, dribbling, and composure.
- Physicality, All-round a very strong player, and if I used anchor, it could get even better.
- Long Shots, I honestly don't know why, but his long shots are mad.
- Links, Many good strong links and Argentina is a fairly easy country to link for many different budgets.
- Pace / Agility, Good stats with 87 pace and 91 agility with engine, but he feels slower in-game
- Workrates, Med / Med is not great for a CDM, but it can be kind of avoided if you put him on stay back in tactics.
- SBC, Quite honestly he is boring af to get.