As a huge Real Madrid fan I couldn't miss an opportunity to play with Raul. I've used his regular prime for over 500 games, so I have a pretty good picture of him. Now this Raul is better than his prime card, but not by much. Most noticeably his dribbling felt more responsive and his finesse shots were more clinical.
I used him as a ST in 4231 or left ST in 4-4-2. Now it's really hard to review this guy. One game he is an absolute machine, scoring everything. Another game he is very hard to dribble with and he will miss a sitter. Overall he wasn't bad for me, but I think I expected a little bit more. His card in FIFA 19 was much better, because dribbling wasn't that important and corners were a thing. Raul has amazing heading, but in FIFA 20 it is not noticeable.
I finished Elite 3 using this guy as my main striker, scoring 37 goals in 37 games. He is a class striker, but I think the TOTS power curve caught him a little too much. For context, last weekend I was using FB Di Maria as my striker and I enjoyed him more. 5* WF is just too important this year and I sometimes felt restricted with how bad Raul's right foot felt.
TL:DR: Buy him if you need links or you love Real Madrid/Raul. Otherwise I believe there are better cards in terms for value for money. Just get a TOTS Benzema or someone.
- Shooting on his left foot
- Hold up play and passing
- General dribbling (however in bad gameplay he may feel clunky)
- Positioning (one of the best ST in the game in this aspect)
- Clutch moments (he scored a lot of last minute goals for me)
- Shooting on his right foot (he missed some absolute sitters on his WF, It feels more like 3*)
- Value for coins (get him if you need spanish links or you are a Madrid fan)