All games in div 4 rivals. The squad I used him in was in a 4-5-1, Ter Stegen 8 chem GK, 88 Lisandro Lopez LCB, 88 Nesta RCB, 87 Tagliafico LB, 84 Atal RB, Momets Di Maria LM, 88 Enzo Perez CM, 89 Thauvin RM, 87 Acuna LAM, Rijkaard RAM, and 88 Taarabt striker. In-game I played Rijkaard CDM in a 4-1-2-1-2(2) with a shadow. When I saw him pop out of my prime icon pack, I had no clue what to think. His stats looked decent, and he was 600k when I packed him, but his balance and work rates scared me. I applied shadow, and I think that was the right move, his passing is very good already, so the extra defensive stats and the huge pace upgrade were very helpful. In-game he is alot different than I expected, he is very fast with a shadow, so he can recover very well if dribbled/passed around. His long legs intercept every pass the opposition put near him, and he stops alot of attacks by making key interceptions. His tackles are strong and he can win most 50/50 balls on the ground or in the air. His dribbling is ok, balance isn't great, and he is not the most agile, but he can dribble fairly well for a man of his size. With his height and strength, he is a good shielder of the ball and he can body almost anyone. His passing is very good, much like Enzo Perez, he doesn't have much curve, but his passes are still super sharp and accurate. His long shots are also very good, and in the box, he has finished every chance I've given him. The med/med work rates are not a problem as long as he has cover center and stay back in tactics, he also has good stamina so he can last all game. Overall, he is a complete monster in-game. I'm not sure I'd pay 600k for him, but if you get him out of the prime icon pack, he may not be what you wanted, but he plays well in-game and is very useable.
- Pace, Surprisingly fast with shadow for someone as big as him.
- Interceptions, Very good def awareness and interceptions, he stops a lot of promising attacks.
- Tackling, Strong, forceful tackles make him a very good ball winning CDM.
- Height/Strength, Rijkaard is very present in defense.
- Passing, Good vision, short passing, and long passing help him keep the ball.
- Long Shots, Hit them over a lot, but he scored 2 bangers from 25 yards out.
- Aggression, I like my defensive mids to have a lot of aggression, and in some of Rijkaards tackles, he doesn't go in like a Keane or Gattuso would.
- Agility/Balance, Agility is ok, but it could be better, balance isn't a problem in defense, but sometimes he was a little clumsy on the ball.
- Price, I would not buy him for the 600k he is, he is very good, but there are better options for that price range.
Ok so I packed him out of the Prime Icon Pack sbc and I wasn´t sure if it´s an L so I tried him with Goretzka Moments and Ndombele Summer heat in the Midfield. He played CDM in the 433(4) Formation ingame and he was/is unexpected good. Almost every pass is a beauty and arrives to the teammate (in my team was it Kamada or Diaby) which leads to many, many goals especially in the first minutes of the Game because Rijkaard is a goat in Game Building Football. His 87 Strength and 90 Defending is a very good addition to the 4 Defenders. All in all you can say he is everywhere on the Pitch and with his 90 Stamina he can easily play 90 minutes as a CDM/CM to defend an also bring the crucial passes.
Balance (not so important for a CDM imo)