After hitting Elite for the first time this game (had 3x gold 1 before, one with 22 wins), i felt like i owe an honest review about this guy.
So first of all i was probably the most sceptical person about using lower rated GK’s, cause i always thought they were all crap because of the stats.Naturally i paid 85 K for Alisson to link with Gomez. Alisson wasn’t that good, but i was like “Okay, he’s the best keeper this year so how bad the other GK’s must be like then”. Some days later i saw one of my mates get 28 wins with Pope in his squad, what started to bug me and got me thinking. I realised i could buy Messi if i sold Alisson and got Pope, so i went for it, and what a decision has that been. I got him for 900 (!!) coins, and i'll probably never sell him. Even though he's been a real superstar for me, you need to understand that keepers are just keepers,ofc there were and will be miracle saves by them, but the GK can't compensate for your bad defending. In FIFA 21 this is crucially true, since almost every 1-on-1 is a goal if the attacking player half decent. This is why i think that (apart from my experience) that you should give him a go if you can. There's never a 60k (or more) difference between him or any keeper and i'm not only talking about the coins/value ratio, but he's also been performing better for me than Alisson. I hope you'll have the same experience with him like i did !
- The first advantage is that he's huge(200 cm). That means he can't really be beaten from long distance, while he comes for corners and deals with them very effectively, also very good in 1v1s because his body covers a huge part of the goal. He's saved my ass tons of times in these situations.
- 'Saves with feet' treat. I liked De Gea because of the same when he meta, but since Pope is even taller he can reach shots with his boot you can't imagine.
- Very consistent. By this i mean he didn't have any horror show games, and 95% of the shots he's conceded were totally understandable.
- Kicking was suprisingly good, with either feet.
- i don't know if this is a con, because you can get around all the keepers with a ball roll if you do it well, so he's obviously not unbeatable.
- There were some shots (like 5%) that went in and i didn't expect them to go in, but the same has happened with Alisson, so i can't really blame him doing this for 900 coins lol.