After I saw a few Pros hyping him up, I had to test him myself. I replaced Allan in my 4-2-2-2 next to Wijnaldum. While he was there for the offensive duties, Partey should be the brick wall in front of my Defense, my cheap Kante. That didn't happen. First match Partey open at the edge of the box, low driven shot at the near post, first banger.
Off to a good start I guess. Still in the first half Gabriel Jesus makes a great run, Partey with the perfectly weighted chipped through ball, 2:0.
I could continue but the short version is: He just didn't stop. He was a bit clunky in build up compared to Allan but on a whole different level in the last third. Certainly better than any CDM I used before him like De Jong, Fred, Ndidi or the mentioned Allan and Wijnaldum.
He also wasn't bad in build-up, since even if he turned slowly his strength, dribbling and ball control kept him from loosing the ball.
In front of the defense he was exactly the tank I wished for as well, only Ndidi might have been a bit better, but that guy is absolutely insane on defense but lacking the offensive throughput.
I even scored a header after a corner and in general Partey did his job defending set pieces.
Overall just an insanely good card which I might not replace until I get my hands on Kante and can test him.
- Very versatile - Top level in first and final third but even good in build-up
- Sprint Speed - Faster than Allan with his +5 Sprint Speed
- Long Shots - He changed the way I approach my shot creation, giving me new opportunities
- Passing - In a central position he is really good at playing those through balls onto my fast strikers
- Tank in front of the defense - Way less weird 50/50 glitches through him, he just tackles and gets the ball. Same for interceptions
- Can feel a bit clunky at times, I wouldn't use him for dribbling in the box
- Finishing in the box - more "neutral" than a con, as he can score in 1v1 situations, but it's certainly not his sweat spot