I fell in love with his Mid card earlier this year and after 500 games of dedicated service to the club I finally replaced him with the only card fit for the job - his prime moments. I've tried several other quality CAM's and ST's however my team just didn't seem to click without him. This card is truly one of a kind and for me personally worth every coin spent.
In a dribbling heavy meta, a 6'2'' High and Average BT striker seems like a death sentence. And yes, he doesn't feel like TOTY Messi, but he brings so much else to the table that make him an indispensable part of my squad. If you're used to little dribbly attackers this card will take a while to get used to, so here are some tips I've found to get most out of him.
- Play him as a CAM or single ST. I've found he doesn't work that well in 2 striker formations - it seems to limit his brilliant attacking positioning. I personally use him as a CAM in a 41212(2) with my strikers set to drift wide. This allows him to play the pass out wide in the build up and push forward through the middle. He excels in this position and always makes the right runs, unlike every other card I've tried where they just move to the side and get lost. He also works really well as a get in behind type single striker, however you're not making the most of his passing abilities there.
- Use a Hunter chem style. It's tempting to use an Engine however it's wasted on him - his dribbling doesn't feel any different with it. Instead, play to his strengths and slap on a Hunter to make him rapid and a lethal finisher.
- Don't use any other "stiff" players in attack. Don't whip out your Drogba's if Cantona is in your team, you'll just start to get frustrated at the lack of responsiveness. Keep him as the one larger option to feed your Mbappe's/Neymar's.
With this in mind, here are some general thoughts on his stats.
Pace (10/10): 99 with a Hunter and you feel it.
Shooting (10/10): I've tried out lots of lethal finishers however this guy is just a step above (up there with Eusebio IMO). Brilliant in the box, brilliant from range, and while he doesn't have the finesse shot trait he definitely has that "whip" as NRTFM likes to say. Weak foot also feels like a 4.5* rather than a 4*.
Passing (9/10): Not quite TOTY De Bruyne level but still insane passing on the lad. He will raise your standards for the passing levels you want on an attacker.
Dribbling (8/10): The high dribbling stat goes a long way in making this guy feel better than you'd think. The 5* skills are also crucial in manoeuvring him around. Like I said, don't expect TOTY Messi but he's actually very decent on the ball considering his size and the skill moves will help you beat defenders.
Defending (5/10): He'll make a tackle or two because of his physical presence but please don't pull a Nepenthez and start playing this guy as a CM.
Physical (10/10): Absolute monster. Bodies pretty much everyone when breaking through the defensive line or skilling past a defender (scoop turns are OP with him). He's very difficult to dispossess and can hold the ball up really well in the midfield. Brilliant in the air as well. He'll genuinely make your opponent regret using a 5'9'' fullback at CB.
All in all he's one of a kind and for me worth the 3mil I spent on him. There will be other cards that are probably better value for money, but none that would really replicate his presence. He also will probably continue dropping in price but we're at the stage where cards will drop in price until the end of the game. So if you see a price you like, get him and have fun, you won't regret it.
- Dribbling I guess but that's missing the point of the card
- Price - I think he's good value but 3mil is still bloody expensive.