Fred is a fantastic all around midfielder this year. His face stats simply don't even begin to explain what this guy does in game. I sub in Fred at halftime for some much needed quality in midfield, his stamina and work off the ball wins games and frustrates the opposition. This guy is so good, I constantly think about selling my team to build a new side just so I can start him. His pace is fantastic for a midfielder, his passing is adequate, he forces opposition attacker to play slow possession football, and he has the physicality to push players off the ball. At his current price he's absolutely a staple in any prem side, or an excellent sub as a workhorse in the second half.
- Pace - Fred is faster than his card lets on. Just enough pace to stick with attackers while he's defending and enough to lead the charge on counters.
- Shooting - scores the occasional goal
- Passing - quality passing, doesn't struggle with short or long balls
- Defending - his strength and 82 interceptions lets him win the ball back and retain possession while doing so
- Stamina - this guy wants to run around and help you out. high high workrates forces your opposition to make less than perfect passes and take shots early.
- Height - he's 5'7" which is quite short to be a general in midfield but what he trades in height he makes up for in agility and pace