If you have seen my channel, you'll know I like finding hidden gems and reviewing the latest players on Fifa 21 Ultimate Team.
So I was lucky enough to pack Yarmolenko in one of the upgrade packs earlier this week. Threw him into the squad and off I went into Division 1 Rivals...
Now bare with me when I give you this comparison. Anyone remember Benteke? Yeah, the guy who appeared in 70% of squads in fifa 13-14. Anyone remember how inconsistent he was? He went from doing the impossible, scoring last minute winners, glitching through defenders and shouldering off the biggest, baddest players. But then he would literally miss open goals and go missing for the whole first half.
Yarmolenko is extremely similar. 6'4 in height. He would go from having incredible, intricate and tactile dribbling to having heavy touches whenever he received the ball. From scoring excellent goals to literally slicing the ball wide of the post. I could go on and on.
The title of this review is 'Fodder or Hidden Gem In Plain Sight?' and let me answer that question for you now.
He is Fodder. Nothing more, nothing less I am afraid.
I will leave my pros and cons down below and also a link to my YouTube Video Review. Feel free to check it out - Love for reading <3 Skyro
- Long & Short Passing - One of very few half decent things about this card. Very rarely noticed any issues with misplaced passes.
- Shot Power - Yarmolenko knows how to put his laces through a football. If you do want to try Yarmolenko, prioritise power shots rather than finesse shots.
- Strength - Now this is a 50/50 shout. His High&Average+ body type does a good job of keeping defenders behind him. But his pace means this occurrence doesn't happen very often.
- Stamina - No issues here.
Oh boy.... here we go...
- Pace - 90 pace, very sus. He struggles to get to loose balls and get in behind fast defenders. He just isn't quick enough to take on top tier defenders. (I know, who'd have thought 90 pace wouldn't be quick enough anymore...)
- Finishing - FRAUDULENT - He is extremely inconsistent when it comes to his finishing. Sometimes he scores jaw dropping goals but will miss 3 sitters in the same game\
- Ball Control - Lol. Don't use the driven pass to get the ball to him. He'll let you down.
- Dribbling - Again, very inconsistent. The first goal I scored in my review will show what he can do. But this is rare. He just can't keep the ball close enough to him.
- Agility and Balance - Who'd have thought 82 Agility and 80 Balance wouldn't be enough... (i'm being sarcastic)
- Composure - 87 is nothing less than a lie. You can trust me when I tell you this. He just loves to disappoint....