6 foot 7 inches --- Over 2 Meters tall! Fifa may have gotten his actual height wrong for a reason. This man is a brick wall in the back.
- Used 93 Oblak, De Gea, IF Courtois, De Gea
- Pope outranks them all
- Saves everything
- English, Premier League Links
The only con with Pope is if he isn't in your squad.
The only player i wanted in player picks cos i needed a better gk after i cleansed my club for POTM2 Bruno. i forgot i didnt finish high enough in weekend league but i managed to pack him anyway. he is pretty godly in goal, after about 15 games he's doing me wonders, not the best GK i've used, i think schmeichel (icon) and neuer are better but for about 40k he's good value. compared to his regular card i do think he's better, most noticeably his position and how well he saves with his legs, it's like having a joe gomez version of a GK lol
gets punches in on corners
very tall for the chip shot
uses legs far better than his normal card
nothing so far that is bad
I packed him untradable and since there's so much hype around him, I decided to try him out this weekend in my WL.
I can say that there's definitely something about him. A lot of 1 on 1s, he makes himself so big, it's hard to get the ball around him. Same when he comes for crosses and corners. He was definitely impressive, BUT, I found him lacking in some areas compared to top keepers. For example, Alisson has made game changing saves for me where I sat there wondering how in gods name the attacker didn't score. I didn't really have these moments with Pope. He makes basic saves. He makes good saves. He makes GREAT saves, but unfortunately, I found in the big games where it mattered the most, he just didn't deliver...
He's massive which gives him the reach to stop shots.
Not as meta as I wish he'd be.
Have used him for 70 game including two weekend leagues. I felt like upgrading to this version would basically be like building a wall of bricks in front of my goal my nah, he is good but he isn't "best keeper in the game" good. If you need the england links he will get the job done for you, but he isn't perfect. Control your expectations when you buy this man, because he is not as good as he looks on paper.
- His traits are his biggest strenght. He neutralizes most crosses from corners, which is always pretty clutch. Saves with feet trait makes him very good at stoping shots when he closes the distance to the player that is shooting, so I feel like the best way to use him is to get him close to the attacker so he can use his massive frame and legs to shut off every angle.
- Tall as a tree, really good for defending corners and stoping ball rolls.
- Most of the time he doesn't save powerful shots that are placed near him. So even when it looks like all he has to do his stretch his arm out, he just doesn't. Its like he is stuck in a box and can't save anything that his 10 cm's away from him. He gets beat first post super often, but im not sure if its his problem, or if its just overpowered this year, because I also score a lot of goals like that, but damn, its hella frustrating;
- A little slow, can be a problem when you try to move the keeper or rush the attacker.