If you have seen my channel, you'll know I like finding hidden gems and reviewing the latest players on Fifa 21 Ultimate Team.
So I was lucky enough to pack Yarmolenko in one of the upgrade packs earlier this week. Threw him into the squad and off I went into Division 1 Rivals...
Now bare with me when I give you this comparison. Anyone remember Benteke? Yeah, the guy who appeared in 70% of squads in fifa 13-14. Anyone remember how inconsistent he was? He went from doing the impossible, scoring last minute winners, glitching through defenders and shouldering off the biggest, baddest players. But then he would literally miss open goals and go missing for the whole first half.
Yarmolenko is extremely similar. 6'4 in height. He would go from having incredible, intricate and tactile dribbling to having heavy touches whenever he received the ball. From scoring excellent goals to literally slicing the ball wide of the post. I could go on and on.
The title of this review is 'Fodder or Hidden Gem In Plain Sight?' and let me answer that question for you now.
He is Fodder. Nothing more, nothing less I am afraid.
I will leave my pros and cons down below and also a link to my YouTube Video Review. Feel free to check it out - Love for reading <3 Skyro
- Long & Short Passing - One of very few half decent things about this card. Very rarely noticed any issues with misplaced passes.
- Shot Power - Yarmolenko knows how to put his laces through a football. If you do want to try Yarmolenko, prioritise power shots rather than finesse shots.
- Strength - Now this is a 50/50 shout. His High&Average+ body type does a good job of keeping defenders behind him. But his pace means this occurrence doesn't happen very often.
- Stamina - No issues here.
Oh boy.... here we go...
- Pace - 90 pace, very sus. He struggles to get to loose balls and get in behind fast defenders. He just isn't quick enough to take on top tier defenders. (I know, who'd have thought 90 pace wouldn't be quick enough anymore...)
- Finishing - FRAUDULENT - He is extremely inconsistent when it comes to his finishing. Sometimes he scores jaw dropping goals but will miss 3 sitters in the same game\
- Ball Control - Lol. Don't use the driven pass to get the ball to him. He'll let you down.
- Dribbling - Again, very inconsistent. The first goal I scored in my review will show what he can do. But this is rare. He just can't keep the ball close enough to him.
- Agility and Balance - Who'd have thought 82 Agility and 80 Balance wouldn't be enough... (i'm being sarcastic)
- Composure - 87 is nothing less than a lie. You can trust me when I tell you this. He just loves to disappoint....
Hi guys, today I come to write a review on Yarmolenko. I don't usually write this kind of thing, but this player is so awesome that I wanted to share it on Futbin. To be honest, I got it in the guaranteed summer star package and initially thought of shipping it to an sbc. I forgot to do it until I tried it on my computer once, and it worked and continues to work like crazy. If you need a low-priced ST, feel free to bring this guy to your team.
The pace is not the best of this card, but it is not as bad as it seems. He won't have the speed of Mbappe, but he's great and he's doing very well as a starter on my squad.
If shooting is really crazy, a great power when making long shots and always ends up converting when shooting with an arc.
His passing is exceptional for an ST. It is so good that this card can easily be used as a CAM if you want.
His dribbling is much better than you think. It's an incredible dribble for such an inexpensive ST.
If you want, you can put the shadow chemistry style on the card to increase its defense and use it as CM. Obviously this guy doesn't defend anyway.
His physicality is amazing, he's really cool. He has amazing strength and a great ability to take on defenders.
- Shot power
- Longs shots
Links (he is ukrainian)
First seeing the card's price at 70k I wasn't sure what to expect; despite the fact that being from Ukraine gives him bad links I thought a card with those stats would be great value for that price. Within 5 minutes of using him it became clear why he's so cheap. He has the turning circle of a tractor and the pace to match, despite the fact I played him with an engine card on full chem, so he theoretically should have 95 pace, right? My 78 pace Rare Gold Aguero feels twice as quick and can actually dribble with the ball. The dribbling on Yarmolenko is horrendous as well, I've used goalkeepers who feel better on the ball. At 6'3" he'll win you some headers and score a couple of crosses, however with 49 jumping don't expect this to be consistent. The only real positive about the card is his finishing, which is solid in fairness, however the fact that he's so slow in game makes him struggle to reach the ball half the time. Overall, terrible card, stick him in an SBC.
- Good, consistent finishing
- Physicality (except jumping)
- Will win some headers against the taller CBs in the game
- Good Fodder at 94 rating
- The 90 pace on the card is fraudulent, feels more like 70
- Awful dribbling ability
- Passing average at best
- Heading ability is extremely inconsistent
- Weak foot feels awful, despite him having 4 star
- 4 star skills wasted on a card so bad at dribbling
- Just get Rare Gold Aguero for half the price