I am a very mediocre player struggling at Division 4-5 with limited budget and have never been able to qualify for the WL.Tired of the old boring Premier League and decided to sell my team and start fresh. I have decided to go for Ligue 1 and first I needed to start building my team around with a goalscorer and I came across with Mariano. I know very little about him before hand, but at that time I was looking for a decently quick striker with good heading ability. Snapped him up for around 44k and oh boy this was a completely game changer. I still suck but with him I have gained promotions after promotions and now I am playing in d1.
1) Pace: Yes sprint speed aint amazing but the 91 acceleration will give you a very good head start. I bump the acceleration up to 99 and boy he was fast.
2)Shooting: Even without any chemistry boost his finishing and shot power are 93 and 98 respectively. Just forget about finesse or even low driven. Just do an old fashioned blast the ball and it will fly in 9 out of 10 times. 4 stars weak shoot make it possible to do it with both feets and oh boy there aint no better feeling than using him to unleash a rocket past TOTS de gea.
3) Physical: With 99 jumping and heading accuracy, he wins almost every headers. Yes if he face up against TOTS Pique/Ramos he might lose some aerial duels, but he can effectively play the role of an old fashioned no.9 and provide an outlet for crossing and goalkicks.
4) Price: Bought him at 44k, and he is around 60k now. Honestly dont think you can get a better TOTS striker at this price in a reasonably popular league. He is able to link with so many good Ligue 1 players.
1) Dribbling: He is definitely agile enough with 95 agility but 83 dribbling stat is a little on the low side. Can definitely be boosted.
2) Composure: Does miss a couple of shots from time to time under pressure, but then who doesn't? Maybe not the R9 C.Ronaldos but then again if you can afford them there is no point looking for bargains.