I packed him from the Serie A sbc. I have played him only as a sub in the CAM position around the 60th minute. After about 20 games, I gotta say this card is the most fun card Ive used in this fifa. Because of his height and his dribbling he can pass through defenders like it's nothing, even without using skill moves just by running. He hasn't scored many goals for me, but he always gets an assist or two when I sub him on.
- He is extremely quick and because of his height+agility he feels even quicker than he is supposed to be
- Great passing, long passes, short passes, crosses you name it, he can do everything good
- Dribbling, he can dribble 4-5 people like its nothing and the 5* skill moves makes it even better
- Weak foot, his 3* weak foot feels more like a 1* weak foot to be honest, I have James Rodriguez who also has 3* weak foot and It's not as bad as Costa's
- Finishing, its not that he can't score but his finishing is not that great and he may need a several attempts in order to score
- Long shots, this maybe an issue of my playstyle(i don't take many longshots with him)
I was looking to buy Douglas Costa however fortunately I found him in the guaranteed Calcio A SBC. I play him as a right midfielder in the formation 4-1-2-1-2 with wings and not cm's. Until now I have only used him as a sub, haven't started a game once and so this is what I can say about him. I play him with an instruction to come back on defence so he helps the RB and he does the job, even if his defensive work rate says that it is low.
- Very Very fast. Extremely agile, once he comes on a sub very few players catch him.
- Dribbling feels good, ball control is good, nothing to worry about.
- Very good crossing, if there is someone making a run in the box he will deliver the ball perfectly on his head.
- Finesse shots from outside the box are very good, with his left foot of course, haven't tried a finesse shot with his right foot so far. The curve stat does not lie.
- Fulfils his defensive duties
- Isn't that weak, however didn't have a strength fight directly with a defender to be fair
- Decreasing in value, thus isn't that expensive to buy
- Driven shot with his right foot doesn't seem that good, shots straight into the goalkeeper
- His trait that he tends to avoid his right food tends to be annoying at some point in time.
After a full weekend league and around 80 matches total, I can say that while this card may portray an air of grandeur and general "sexyness" that other cards simply don't posses, it is tragically flawed. A master when it comes to dribbles and the outright king of the curve attribute, Douglas Costa simply leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to his shooting. Though he eloquently breezes past defenses like nothing and provides your team with some of the best passing attainable in terms of a pass to cost of card ratio, he's like a vasectomy in the sense that he'll leave you shooting blanks. Immediately noticeable, this achilles heel forces him out of the conversation when referring to the best wingers in the game. Do not be fooled by the superficial reviews posted above, for though he may dribble like Neymar, his puny three star weak foot will cost you games. As a whole, this card may look to be too good to be true, and that is because it is. Though there is a dearth of right wingers in the calcio A, this card should be used out of necessity only, as the plethora of options available at a similar price simply negates Costa's overall value.
Godly dribbles, retains possession at an unnatural rate
Incredible passes, unfortunately only on his left peg
Blistering pace, one of the faster players in the game
3 star weak foot
Amazing. Stunning. Incredible. Those are the words that can describe this card. It's a gift from the EA Gods. If you got the coins, get him. I know, I know. It's the end of FIFA, why should you buy him? Just buy him. Try him. Buy him as a souvenir for the end of FIFA 18. Let's get into the review. He brings so much joy!
Just look at the stats. He is the fastest possible. Perfect pace. Ideal.
Wow. That was the word when I scored my first goal with him. His shooting is perfect, just like almost everything about him. Very good positioning. Now, his finishing isn't that good, but if you put the ''Finisher'' chemistry style on him, it fixes his two attributes that need to be fixed: finishing and physical. The ''Finisher'' style fixes his finishing from 82 to 87, long shots from 98 to 99 (which makes it 99 in shot power and long shots, those are some scary statistics!), fixes his volleys from 85 to 95, and his penalties from 90 to 99. Those are some impressive statistics if you ask me, and they feel just like that in game!
His passes are very good, and they make him an amazing assister as well. I don't find anything wrong about his passes. Well, long passes are the worst compared to every other statistic in the ''passing'' category, but they are still decent with a rating of 86.
Perfect! He treats defenders like toys and dodges them like they are children. Also 5 star skill moves!
Doesn't matter on a right winger, although sometimes he can get the ball off the enemy.
Now, I would say that Douglas Costa is bad physically, but as I said before - use the ''Finisher'' chem. style on him, as it fixes his shooting and his physical. His stamina is good, but the ''Finisher'' upgrades his Strength, Jumping and Aggression, which are very, very important.
So, yeah. That's why Douglas is my favourite player I have ever used on any FIFA! Totally recommended.
- 5 star skill moves!
- Good stamina
- Finishing ( can be fixed with the Finisher chem style )
- Height ( not an aerial thread at all )
- Physical ( can be fixed with Finisher chem style )
I used Douglas Costa on 7 chem as a RCAM in 4231 (switched in game) and CAM in 41212-2. This card offers so much to any FUT player even to someone who can't master the five star skills! He reminds me so much of Neymar without the 5* WF of course.
- One of the quickest players in all of FIFA
- Incredible cross-body long shots with the left foot
- Agility, balance, everything needed to be a great dribbler
- Finesse shots inside the box always work
- Movement -- this guy has scored 3 headers in 15 games for me by separating himself from the defender and just getting open
- 3* WF