I use Werner in my 433(4) Bundesliga Squad. He is in the front 4 with Robben to his right, Reus to the left and James to his rear. He is a clinical goal scorer. He comes alive in the box. Tap ins, volleys, headers and 1 on 1s are his speciality. Outside of the box he isn't really useful in terms of shooting. The best way to use him is to have him run in behind off of the ball. Use his pace to get into the box and he will do the business. His strength and aggression are poor, so sometimes he can get easily get shoved off of the ball.
- Pace (91). Can get away from most defenders and can make runs and he is hard to stop when he gets sprinting.
- Dribble (86 with sniper). The actual in-game stat dribbling goes to (96), paired with his pace. Very hard for defenders to deal with.
- Shot (91 with sniper). The (99) finishing speaks for itself. In and around the box he is so lethal.
- Work rates are ideal
- Passing (65) Not the best, sometimes can be exposed. Keep passing as simple as possible I would say.
- Defending (28) Not really relevent but obviously not great.
- Strength (65) Aggression (59) not great can get shoved off the ball.
First of all, its my first review and English isn't my mother tongue .Insane , as the game works rigth now, is one of the best striers in the game, if u don't have enough money for those +200k players, fast, clinical, and somehow takes back the ball from defenders, it doesn't matter if he shoots with the left or the right foot (maybe a bit) he is just a beast, i've played with him at a 4-3-2-1 for 30-40 games with more than a goal per game, and now i'm playing now in a 4-1-2-1-2 (2) with similar records, if u have 13k (i bet u have) invest on him, and build a team arroud him, doesn't matter if its in a hybrid, just do it, i would pay 50k for him after his perfomance
-ball recovery (preasure)
-4 stars weak foot
-3 stars on skills
After using the IF version in FIfa 17, I knew this guy is going to be an amazing striker this season. Picked him up immediately after the game just released and I was right. Able to score most low driven shots as well as volleys. Having good pace makes up for his positioning.
- Pace - that 91 pace just cuts through defences and leave CB's chasing after him
- Finishing - One on one with keepers usually ends up in your favour
- Playing with another striker seems to have a greater effect as compared to playing him with wingers (433) - This allows him to make the runs and get those one-on-one
- His passing has to be a weakness
As the title says I had a mixed experience with Werner, found he was very good at destroying poor opposition but against better opponents and higher quality defense he went missing. Not particularly good in the air and gets shrugged off the ball with ease. I also found he had a below average number of goals "poaching" off rebounds. However he is as one can imagine exceptional on the counter attack and has good finishing ability both inside and outside of the box, plays his best football when you can put a through ball between CB and LB and have him run onto it.
- Very Fast
- Good Finisher
- Good Passer
- Stamina Not an Issue
- Too Weak
- Wont Win Contested Headers & May Miss Free Headers
- Average Positioning
Werner is without a doubt one of the best finishers in this game! I use sniper chemstyle on him, giving him good dribling stats, and great shooting stats. Hes fast, and his 4* weak foot, feels like 5*. It doesnt matter where on the pitch, or with what foot he uses, he almost score everytime, and im not kidding! Make sure youre using finesse when finishing outside the box. You should be scared of by his low compusure, i for sure dont notice it at all!