- Much better than expected. He showed up exactly when & where he was needed.
- Physically very strong and never gets out-strengthened by physical forwards.
- Pace wasn't much of a problem as I didn't really notice it due to his high acceleration rate (75). With "Catalyst" chem style, he felt just fine.
- Stamina was alright too. Because of his work rate, unless you are getting bombarded with your opponent's attacking, I've never felt the need to sub him out so far. In fact, even though his offensive work rate is said to be "M," it really feels like "L."
- I've used a wide range of expensive CBs (baby Rio, Boateng, 89 Blanc, baby Maldini, TOTY Bonucci, Ramos, and IF Benatia), but this was not only the best, but the most consistent one (89 Blanc would be my next pick).
- I've been using him over the past 4 weekend leagues, and am very happy with this card.
- Stand tackle
- Work rate (M/H)
- Reliable passing
- Relatively cheap (150k cheaper than baby Rio, 330k cheaper than 89 Blanc)
- No con really, but if I must choose one - pace. But then, if he had 78 pace, he would be much much more expensive.
Nesta for me has been something else, I upgraded from Bailly who I'd been using since day one and haven't looked back. His pace isn't the best but slap an anchor on there and you have yourself a game saving center back. You spend 550k on a CB to make the big tackle in WL to keep your Elite 1/2 chances alive, and Nesta does just that. I play him in a mega squad with the likes of Henry, and Del Piero and in extra time in dire need of a goal from a corner guess who is heading it in, Nesta. The man is worth 550k single as you like.
Shows for backwards pass
Always in position
Responds to instruction very well
Shields the ball well
Makes Mbappe and Jesus look like guppies in the pond
Has caused 12 injuries to apposing players
CR7 and Ronaldo pose big issues, then again what CB consistently shuts them down?
After growing tired of using Varane in my defence, I looked for other options such as Icons. Nesta were relatively cheap compared to other Icons CBs and I decided to try him out alongside Bailly with IF Roussilon supporting him on the left back. I play mostly online seasons where I am in Division 2.
Pacewise, all my fears about him being to slow were vansquished from game 1, although he is not the fastest, he somehow always manages to get the tackle in the last second to prevent a goal or a dangerous pass. I cannot remember a time where he missed a tackle, unless of course I completely mistimed one.
I have not noticed anything spectacular about his passing, but he gets the job done. I also mostly just short pass with my CBs and in that aspect he is doing just fine.
Physically he wins his duels shoulder to shoulder and in the air.
Interceptions is also a place where he excels. Sometimes when I accidentally rush up with him or the other CB, he most of the time just intercepts the ball and the danger is gone.
Overall I can highly recommend Nesta as a CB, I for one have no regrets about purchasing him for 500K. I have yet to try any other Icons CBs but so far he is the best CB I have used in FIFA 18.
Interceptions - very good at breaking the oppositions play up
Positioning - always there when you need him to make the game saving tackle
Physical - wins his duels physically
Tackling - obviously good :)
If he had more pace, he would be godly, as of now he is in the category of really good.
Also sometimes he turns a little slowly, but that could be my over aggressiveness with my CBs.