I'm going to write an honest review, because I think that we should help each other out how much as we can.
I would also like to point out that all players in this game are a subjective matter. Can be good to someone but bad for others.
So, i've tried so many goalkeepers, from Ter Stegen (that was trash for me 2 times I've used him), to Alisson (pretty decent), to Yashin (sadly bad), up till Areola 87 (that was unbelievable good for 100 games up untill FIFA broke him out and started playing as a retarded without hand), so wanted to change it and remember as the other review that Pau Lopez gold card was decent for me at the beggining of this game.
Bought him for 20k and trust me is a steal.
I've used Pau Lopez 85 for this Weekend League, where I feel to be a good player that arrives every f**king times at 22 wins and can't win the 23rd (I really feel blacklisted or scripted from this game.. Never packed anything and start always my Weekend Leagues with 10-1 / 8-1 / 15-2). And my result from this weekend league was again 22 but conceded less goals and Pau Lopez did really an impressive role!
I can really say that he played really well and saved my ass a lot (like did Areola 87 at the beggining). He saves (8 out of 10 times) 1v1 goal situations, even against R9 94!
He's pretty solid with handlings and and jumping and positioning, but yeah he's not Jesus and when this game want to take you the L, Pau Lopez will not clean impossible shots unfortunately.
Look at the rates I gave him by stats, I think they are honest for what I felt. I will keep him obiously, untill he become broken as Areola did.
So let's go with Pros and Cons:
- Didn't got bugged and played consistent for 30 matches
- Really good in 1v1 situations
- Positioning is good
- Saved some incredible situations
- Feel really solid and give you that feel of "insurance" in the goal
- Can make you unbelievable saves and also make you really happy
- Reflexes are perfect, like if he was under cocaine or steroids
- Handlings are not awesome as we'll except from a real life goalkeepr (but all of them are like this), at least he doesn't make rebounds in your own area
- Pretty short and feel small in the goal, but he's good
- He doesn't have feet for kicking or hands for passing precisely as Ter Segen does.