Initially I was disappointed when Robertson turned out to be my best red pick during rewards. But in 30 WL games he has proven me more than wrong. I play him as a left CB in a high pressure 3-4-2-1 formation and he is just perfect for that particular job. He is incredibly fast and thanks to his great dribbling stats he moves so smoothly both with the ball and without it. Passes also very reliable.
With an Anchor I maxed out his defensive stats as well as his aggression and boy can you feel it. He usually compensates for his lack of strength very nicely with perfectly timed interceptions. "Robbo" saved my a** so many times as my last line of defense as I faced a LOT of counter attacks due to the nature of my play style.
I will say that in certain situations he had trouble with physically stronger strikers such as Richarlison TOTS, which is why I'd recommend pairing him up with one or two strong CBs. I play him next to Libertadores SBC Lopez and FB Boateng. So, while I imagine that he performs nicely as full-back as well, I just wanted to let the few of you who might consider it know that he definitely makes a great CB as well. For reference: I finished Gold 2 this weekend with 19 wins, a DC loss while being 2:0 up cost me Gold 1.
- Pace (fast enough for all strikers)
- Smooth dribbling and agile in defense
- Aggression (a lot of times compensates for lack of strength)
- Lack of strength (was occasionally shrugged of by high strength strikers)
- Height (not really relevant though in this years FIFA)
- WF (make sure not to use his right in build-up play)