Before we begin, this is my first review. But I feel compelled to write this as there is no accurate and detailed review done to date that does this player justice.
Every year I play FIFA, I create my beloved La Liga squad and stick with it for the entire game. I have a preference for playing with players I watch and admire in real life rather than chasing META players, so you can imagine how ecstatic I was to see this card released.
SNIPER chemistry and it's game over. That 5 star weak foot is an automatic and instant game changer. Rodrigo has always had a strong left foot but now he's FINISHING EVERYTHING with both feet. He has the speed and agility to turn even the toughest of back lines inside out and with 94 standard pace, he catching 99% of through balls while leaving defenders in their wake.
99 finishing, 95 positioning, 90 shot power. Oh, and did I mention his traits: Outside of the foot shot / Playmaker / Finesse shot / Technical Dribbler. WOW.
Rodrigo dribbling is that of wonders for a striker. Again with the sniper chemistry, he has 99 dribbling and 95 ball control with 95 reactions and 99 agility. He simply glides on the ball passing players with ease with his 89 short passing more then enough to comfortably execute a one-two with another player before breaking onto goal.
I have read that FUT players were put off by his SBC price tag - don't be. If you have a La Liga squad - it's a no brainer. In my opinion, this is the best striker card released in La Liga (not including Messi's shapeshifter or IF's because that's another level). I gave up POTM Suarez and 88 Werner for him and I have not a single regret. His debut in last weeks WL was 16 goals in my first 9 matches (6 assists which is decent).
In summary, if you have the coins and the team to put him into. DO IT. Since obtaining him, I'm getting rage quits from teams with the likes of Pele, Ronaldinho, Messi etc and it has FINALLY restored some joy in what has easily been the worst FIFA in years.
(with sniper chemistry)
5 Star weak foot
4 Star skills
95 Ball control
Outside of the foot shot
Perfect for La Liga squad (IMO best out & out striker for La Liga)
65 Long passing
very strong attacker, deadly shot ....... not known but in the area is a snake.
he is the typical player who changes your super sub games.
I recommend it because it is the right mix of agility shooting speed and strength.
When this card was released I knew I had to get it, because of the 5* Weak Foot. I had been looking for a striker with 5* Weak foot for a long time and this man was no dissapointment. At first I played him as a striker and he did just what a striker should, scored goals. However, I brought Dalglish into the team and moved Rodrigo down to CAM and he is still just as prolific and a great assist maker aswell. All 103 games were played in either Weekend league or Division 1.
5* Weak Foot
Good passing for a striker
4* Skill Moves
I'll keep this short - he is the perfect striker for 200k. Ignore any of the cheaper tots la liga attackers as they will not be better than him!
- Finishing - every shot goes in on either foot
- Agility and lean body type
- Pace and power
- One of those cards who always gets DDA for you
- Short passing
- Can be a lone striker or have a strike partner
- High medium work rates means he is always making useful attacking runs
- Stamina could be a touch higher now but not a big deal
- Can be a tiny bit clumsy in bad gameplay
Div. 4 - Gold 1 / Elite 3
Positions: Mostly ST or RAM/RW (since april)
Rodrigo was a massive deal for me as EA released him since I needed a 5 stars weak footed La Liga striker.
As he performed so well for me as a single striker or paired up with Hulk I was really happy that I made the SBC.
But than he (also Hulk) turned out to be unusable for me since april and I needed an even better striker.
So what brought him back to my team?
As he is untradeable I decided him to be my new super sub which should work.
So I brought him on the wings and there he was back my old OP Rodrigo. Winning a couple of games for me as a winger super sub I decided to get him back to my starting eleven.
Whats makes him playable at this stage of the game as a winger?
- Pace - his stats on pace aren‘t any joke. He is really rapid due to his wide steps as he is 182cm, so you‘re still able to run past the newest fullbacks and his body frame helps a lot to not get bullied that easily
- Dribbling - with Sniper his dribbling is amazing and he is agile enough, not as Ben Yedder but its good.
- Passing - they are also not lying here. His passing is more than average for a winger what enables you to put another chem style as Deadeye on him
- Stamina - 85 stamina is enough for 90 minutes
- Shooting - deadly as hell for a winger! His shooting stats weren‘t enough to use him at ST but they are deadly for a winger.
- 5 stars weak foot makes it unpredictable for your opponent if you cut in for a finesse to the long post or to shoot with his right at the near post
As I wrote above.
Long passing. Just don‘t try to assist with a long trough ball your overlapping fullback.