Ok so I was looking for a new cdm to partner prime moment's gattuso from icon swaps, I'd tried a few players out like totssf Henserson and totssf toni kroos. Both of these players were ok but felt a little sluggish. I saw this card and he instantly caught my attention because he links nicely with my richarlison and fits the type of player I was looking for a cdm who can attack
I completed him a few hours after his release and he instantly made an impact, he intercepts almost anything and his strength and aggression is out of this world. His long shots are some of the best I've ever seen just simply Press the b button and hold it for 3-4 bars and it goes in 90% of the time. His ability isn't amazing but it's not terrible and it doesn't effect him too much.
98 long shots
98 long passing
96 short passing
Good nation links
Poor league links
I was doing the league sbc grind and was nearly finished when EA decided to release this Luis Gustavo. I usually put the player in an sbc put I knew Gustavo could fit in my team so I gave him a go.
I played him as a left CDM next to Anselmo and he was insane. He's huge ingame and tackling is very good. He can also finish pretty good for a CDM if you need him to. His passing can seem meh ingame but his dribbling is great.
I also tried him CM but he didn't work to the same effectiveness. I would highly suggest only playing him as a CDM with 'stay back while attacking' or if you want him as a CM, play him with a box-to-box.
Passing (kind of)
Sometimes gets high up the pitch for a CDM
( sorry for any formatting issues this is my first review)
I packed baby ronaldo from the free any icon pack, and i wanted to use him so i decided to build a Brazilian Squad and Luiz Gustavo looked promising as he was only 40k since i had fodder filled with Super Lig players, this is incredibly cheap compared to other Brazilian CDMs such as TOTSSF Gabriel or SS David luiz and other icons as well such as Rijkaard and feels very much like viera due to his body type, and boy was i right, this guy will Stop anything and with a shadow he can keep up with pacey players such a griezmann or traore etc. however, i only recommend putting a shadow on him if you intend to use him as a CB otherwise as a midfielder, i recommend, keeping a basic Chem style on him or alternatively an engine, like the community recommends. personally i recommend a Basic as he feels nearly identical to using an Engine as the basic stills boost the Pace, Passing, and dribbling like the engine along with defending and physical. his pace is good enough where he can intercept the ball from most players, or at least put pressure on opponents with faster players, which leads to one of my CB or my other CDM to intercept it , with a shadow however, his pace upgrade is only noticeable in the back line, as a defender, probably due to the 77 agility, but with the shadow he catches up to anyone and could be a great alternative to in game switch with players such as Koeman if you can get him at 8 Chem minimum
however, the main cons to this card are his 3 star week foot and his aggression at times. to be clear his passing is incredible, and 95% of the time his passes lead to incredible assists, but with the other 5% sometimes he will pass the ball directly to the opponent, this is annoying, but not the end of the world as he usually ends up taking it back or my other Cdm ends up intercepting it, and this leads up to the next con, his aggression. like his passing 95% percent of the time he's just fine but for some reason, in some games he will just stand there and not fight for the ball and let it through, usually this is when AI is defending, so if you like to manually defend, you should be fine, but like in my squad i always use two CDMs to prevent incidents like these from happening.
- his passing is top notch he will lead to incredible assists
- his pace for a basic , or even an engine is amazing, he can intercept even the fastest players
- on balanced attacking support he can make some incredible runs and his long shots are great when positioned correctly
- his defending and physicality is great he can bully most players
- the main con is his # star weak foot, as I mentioned before this can cause him to make errors which most of the time are more annoying that game ending but still are cause for frustration
- his aggression at times, as he will just stand there and let an opposing player run past him if not careful
- His long shots for the most part are OK. if you're positioned correctly, other wise your shot either goes to far wide or too high up which is annoying but surprisingly they're good enough that almost a third of his goals scored fro me have been from outside the box, but with all honesty i would not rely on this too much