From the start of this FIFA, Can is my man for the defensive midfield. As the game went on and I could afford Kimmich, I bought him after reading reviews. The problem for me: He doesn't stay back. In combination with Goretka as CDMs I just needed some reliable, strong and well defending player: And so I switched back to Can again. He does his job perfectly, his workrates keep him right in front of your back four so there is freedom for the rest of the midfielders and attackers to go in front and press after losing the ball. Can will tidy it all up in the end and distribute the ball. Don't expect too much creativity from this guy, especially because Shadow seems to be essential to make him the monster he can be. But if the opponent does not look out for him in the attack, he can as well play a decent through ball or switch sides.
- Defending (oh. my. god. can't get passed him)
- Physicality (definition of a wall, this guy)
- Passing (but for the magic, use a wizard, not this tank)
- Heading (if you know how to bring corners in, you will have lots of fun with him)
- Dribbling (Just conquer the ball and pass it on)