As I noticed that the only review made for this card was by someone who played him as a CB (no front at all, we've already reached the point where everyone plays LBs and RBs as CB......), I wanted to write down my experiences with him playing as an actual CDM as that's what he is.
I used him as a lone CDM in a 4-1-2-1-2 as well as the staying back CDM in a 4-2-2-2, paired up with a more offensive oriented midfielder.
I played him with SHADOW and for both formations, my defensive tactics were pressure on heavy touch and apparently, this is what you need to make him live up to his fullest potential.
99 Interceptions + 91 awareness (SHADOW), combined with that stamina promise a lot of interceptions and winning the ball back in a brutally high frequency and he 10000% lives up to this. He makes your defence more stable and gives your opponents a bonus barrier to face before they reach your CBs.
He is strong enough to bully attackers off the ball, fast enough to be at the right spot when you need him and what hasn't been mentioned yet: don't be fooled by his passing face card stat!
Look at it closely: 87 vision, 88 short and 87 long passing. That's all you need from him given the position and his role in the squad, the more attacking players will do the rest after they'll get a reliable ball from Lucas beforehand! :)
Just don't shoot with him in the box. His finishing stat is really noticable, the shots are painful and y'all deserve better than that. :D
- very present in defence
- the perfect destroyer type of CDM
- enough stamina to play the largest parts of a match with press after possession loss/pressure on heavy touch
- good passing
- Brazil and Seria A are not the worst links, especially given that Serie A has a ton of high tier players at this point
- not the most agile player, compared to other CDMs at this point (just get the ball and pass to someone for further build-up-play)
- even after the upgrade, he'll need a shadow for that pace boost, which takes us the opportunity away of trying different chem styles to fix things like dribbling etc
- finishing is awful, shooting in general is nothing to think about on when controlling him ingame