It is my first review ever, but lets start! To be fair, his card LOOKS like one of the worst Silver Stars but I was very surprised how good his dribbling is and the pace is also very decent with Hunter! So I played him at the left wing and at the striker position in Division 3 and he was performing in the first two matches very well at striker, scored 3 goals and assists 2.The 4* 5* is also meta and very helpful! I'm German and Hamburg Fan so he was a must for me and really surprised me! I linked him up with Leibold Team of the Week btw. At the End I wanna say that he is an amazing value and is definetely one of the best Silver Stars and not one of the worst. My last Words: Go and get this Card!
-5* weak foot
-shooting( was ok)
-workrates(makes very good runs)
-passsing was iconsistent but not bad at all!
-links(omly TOTW Leibold is good)
-no real face ingame
I was very excited when I first saw this card. Not because of his stats but because he plays for my favourite club. Tbh, his stats does not seem that great and I was not quite sure if he would perform great ingame. But after using him in the last Weekend League I decided to share my thoughts about this card.
Normally, I play in D3 - D4 and get pretty average results in WL. This week I ranked Gold 3 with 14-9.
I played Sonny as a CAM in a 3-5-2 formation with Mane and B.Yedder Gold up front. Ingame he feels kinda like Dembele Gold in terms of passing. He feels a bit clunky tbh so he was not able to get past players like Van Dijk in a 1v1 that often. His shooting feels way better than I expected, I mean it is not the finishing of a CR7 but it is quite alright, he will score most of his chances, especially if he gets an open shot on goal. Pace feels all right as well, it is kind of comparable to B.Yedder Gold but he feels a bit quicker. His main advantage is is 5* WF. He scores with both feet and even his first touch finishes in the Box feel great with both feet. 1-2 short passes and Kittel first touch finish, this brought many goals in WL. These were the main points for me.
In conclusion, he is not your typical META player but he is definitely a fun card to use and brings a nice variety in your squad. If you are a sweaty player who only cares about META, this is not the card for you. But if you are low on budget and need a great Sub or want to use some other players then this is a card you should consider bringing in. I am sure he will perform great in Silver Star Games as well.
- Shooting: The shooting feels so good, way better than expected
- Pace: Feels alright, not quite as fast as players like Wamangituka but alright for CAM
- Passing: Sometimes he lacks a bit of passing but overall still some great plays
- 4* SM: Great to outplay some defenders
- 5*WF: Main advantage! He feels so good when shooting and it makes him unpredictable. Just do a ball roll and you can shoot with both feet. Main point on why you should consider him.
- Strenght: He often gets bullied of the ball, no chance against players like VVD or Varane
- Dribbling: He can dribble a bit if the opponent does not not rush for you. Overall if you does not skill, his dribbling feels not as great as the other stats
- Links: Tbh is only usable strong link is Leibold IF and that is how I linked him but he was not a that great player, no comparision to Mendy who is the player I play normally as a LM in 3-5-2