Ferdinand was always going to be the player I took in ICON Swaps. I loved him in real life, looks like a META card and 16 tokens isn't quite enough to make you go insane. I really, really wanted him to be good but he's largely inconsistent. For reference I am a Div 4/Gold 1/2 player.
I played him next to Lucas Hernandez who is my favourite CB this year, and unfortunately Hernandez seemed to outperform Rio. His tackling is extremely inconsistent, he doesn't seem to 'lock on' like the best defenders in the game do, he'll often go in for a tackle you think he'll make and he misses the man completely or other times he won't come out with the ball in that horrible animation where the ball sticks with the attacking player.
I don't necessarily regret my choice, as the only other player I'd have gone for is Zanetti and I already have RTTF Mbabu who is outstanding, but I am feeling largely underwhelmed by a player I thought would be comparable to the best in the game. Unfortunately he's not.
- Dribbling and composure seem to be decent for a CB, good at playing out from the back
- Passing is solid
- ICON Links
- I love Rio IRL
- Tackling is inconsistent
- Despite using and Anchor chem style on top of his 84 pace, he didn't really feel that quick. Felt more like 75-77 pace
- Strength is pretty poor, rarely out muscles anyone
- Jumping is poor, rarely wins headers
- Reactions? seems to react very slowly to everything