Since I'm Dutch, I wanted to start FIFA 20 with an Eredivisie squad. I had some concepts in mind and Donyell Malen was the only usable option, but he turned out to be so much more.
Donyell Malen certainly hasn't disappointed me. In fact, he is actually astonishing. He's scored 24 goals in 10 games and is by far the best striker I have used in FIFA.
Once you send a through ball he is gone and no one will be able to catch up with him and he will put 9/10 balls in the back of the net. His dribbling is decent because I've boosted that with Marksman chemistry style. Passing is okay at best, but you don't need your striker to give assists; you want them to score. And that is exactly what Malen does. Here are the Pros and Cons about him:
- He's incredibly fast. And when I say that, I mean REALLY fast; no one can catch up with him.
- His dribbling is very decent. Can turn very quickly and feels smooth on the ball, but he's not as good as e.g. Messi.
- Shooting is fine. I boosted it with a Marksman chem style and that seems to work out because his gtg ratio is 2.4 (all played in div rivals.)
- Physical is fina too. Not the strongest, but he doesn't need strength since he is very rapid.
- Passing is okay. Can pass a ball, but I would recommend you use him to finish instead of assist.
- Stamina isn't much of an issue, can run for the full 90 min
- Defending isn't great but you really don't need your striker to defend.
- Is not really tall and isn't much of a high jumper as well, so he won't win any headers for you.
- Some might say his finishing/composure, which I can relate to. He can score balls from very weird angles but sometimes misses a sitter.
- Can get caught offside sometimes because he is too quick.