Firstly I most confess on something: I'm an Arsenal fan. Since this day, Dennis Bergkamp is my favourite player of all time.
Becasue he's my favourite player, I started to play FUT way back in FIFA12, for the hope that one day he will be back on the game. On FIFA 18 my wishes came true: He's here! but oh sh*t! He's too expensive! I could never efford the Prime version of this card!
Luckily, in FIFA20 it's so easy to make Coins, so everyone can efford at least 3 Top-Tier Icons in their teams.
My squad is in the URL up top: I open with 4-1-2-1-2(2) with Dennis on the CAM position. For me he's the best CAM on the game and one of the best players I have ever played with.
Let's get right to it:
- Shooting - Although this guy play on the CAM position, he can also be a ST. So clinical, consistent finisher who can finish from everywhere on the pitch. He can't miss.
- Passing - Sometimes I feel like he got 90+ Passing. Long passes who alwayes look incredible, accurate passes from short range also, and he's true Vision Sniper.
- Weak Foot - I don't remmeber which foot is stronger. It litterly feels like he got 5?.
- Dribble - With the dirty stat of 90 Dribbling(deserve more) he feels great. You can't get the ball out of him.
- Pace - In the first time I thought that his 84 Pace could ruin his card, but with Engine he becoming 89 Pace who feels like 94 in game. The Midfielders always chasing him.
- Stamina - The 82 Is not a problam. If you get to Overtime he can played till the 110' minute. Also, I recommneded you to play with him on Conservtive Defence. Let him focus on the attack.
DENNIS BERGKAMP DOES NOT HAVE CONS. PERIOD.
maybe the price. he's over 1M. but that's all.
If you want to have fun on the game with good player you most chose him. He's actually bater in game more then his great stats. COYG!
I used the base Bergkamp, was utterly trash. Then I used the mid version, which was fine, but not better than some standard CAMs I used before there, like DeBruyne, TOTGS Lewa, IF Suarez, Bobby Firminho... Then I decided to upgrade to prime Iceman and the whole game changed:
He's smooth as hell; perfect ball control, positioning and finishing. Also his vision and passing are excellent to use him as CAM. My level of play is around 1200skill points and Gold1/2 WL. I tried him as ST, RAM and CAM in a 4231 in the linked team (https://www.futbin.com/squad-builder/view/12583701). He's clearly perfect in the central roles, no quality difference between ST and CAM. He is able to bully around and finishes almost everything in style - even 1vs1 against MAtS ;) - it doesn't matter wether it's low-driven. power shot or finesseses, while the latter impressed me the most.. From his playingsyle, expecially dribbling and finishingwise I would put him as weird mixture of Messi and Lewandowski. Take the dribbling and smoothness of Messi and pair it up with the body and finishing of Lewa: tata -> prime Iceman. Try this guy out. Have fun on the game again!
- finishing (he's more than clinical inside the box)
- weak foot feels like a perfect 5star not anything less
- finesse shots are excellent
- ball control and dribbling - insane close control, agility and balance feel way above the numbers
- composure! When pushed/tackled from behind while shooting, he doesn't even care...
- flair - this seems weird, but he even though hasn't 5 star skills (actually wtf EA?!) he has some unique flair animations when passing and controlling the ball
I've found no real heavy cons. Some could be:
- stamina is fine enough for 90min, but becomes critical in overtime
- miss 5 star skills so bad on this guy
- speed off the ball feels exactly like mid 80's (which is still perfect for a CAM)
- M/M workrates; while I never had the feeling of wrong or missing runs or even bad positioning
When I got my first 9 tokens from icon swaps I knew I was doing the Prime Pack. To my surprise it wasn't Inzaghi and instead was Bergkamp. Despite the low agility/balance, I put a hunter on him and played him up front alongside Mbappe. With 19 goals and 2 assists in 11 fut champs games he is one of the. best forwards in the game. He has exceptional dribbling and shooting and is a real a menace for defences
- Brilliant shooting from inside the box
- Surprisingly good dribbling with low balance/agility
- He can hold off defenders easily
- Can sometimes run low on stamina but keeping him on stay forward fixes it.
- Passing sometimes not the best
- No 5 Star week foot/skills