So I did the 82+ Upgrade SBC and I got him, and since my team is very low budget (750k) I knew I had to give this man a try. At first, I had to get used to him and it just felt so... natural. It felt like he was the one I had to use, it felt like he was the best left-back in the game! And that's because he was. He is probably the best player I've played with and I've played with TOTGS Mertens. Robertson has 94 pace and 99 stamina, so he could get up and down the pitch quickly, and don't let his 68 finishing fool you. With his 90 attacking positioning he was actually getting goals, and with his 94 passing he was playing great goals through, making great low crosses (crosses are broken) and it found the finisher perfectly. And on the defensive side, he was making all of his tackles. With his 95 standing tackles 92 sliding tackles and 94 interceptions, nothing was getting past him. If the opponent attacks in the center or the other wing, I use Robertson to go and slide tackle. And he wins it all the time. I would recommend playing him LB, LWB, or LM in-game because then he could defend and also make attacking runs. With his 90 dribbling (in-game stat)and 94 ball control, he could get past anyone.
Surprisingly good in front of goal
95 stand tackled
92 slide tackles
94 ball control
None really the only one I could think of is 2* 3*
- Well, I was quite happy to get Robertson as an untradeable player in my division rivals rewards, and I must say, this card was by far the best lb i tried whole year. I had packed Ricardo pereira 88 in a guaranteed pack and had used him for over 150 games but for some reasons he was quite hit and miss for me, especially because he couldn't make a proper pass at times. This Robertson, however, is on another level. He is so agile it would make an onion cry. His tackling is crisp and on point, and his pace and balance combo allow him to glide past players and go on a few runs. The fact that he is now below 250K makes him an extremely affordable options for any who run a PL team and I may say that at this prive he is not only a bargain but a must buy.
Agily/Balance, just the best thing with him really
tackling is brilliant
strength is not bad
I couldn't find any
I get him in my Premier League player picks and he is on of my favourite players in real life so i wanted to test him in Fifa 20 because he was my favourite left back in Fifa 19 too. I played him in a 4222 as a left back in the squad under me for one WL. With an Anchor he is really fast and can catch up any winger, even the Kents and Adamas. Sometimes is strength can be a problem but his aggression and standing tacklings compensate for that. You only have to press the tackling button at the right time and you have the ball. His passing is very good but only on his left foot. Be careful that you don´t use his right foot. I have him on Stay back so i can´t really say something about his crossing and shooting. But sometimes he is in the position for a cross and they are very good. His agilityand balance are very helpful when you are jockeying with him. For 200k you can´t do anything wrong with this card
Defending in general
passing ( on his left foot)
agility and balance
sometimes the strength but aggression compensate for that
Initially I was disappointed when Robertson turned out to be my best red pick during rewards. But in 30 WL games he has proven me more than wrong. I play him as a left CB in a high pressure 3-4-2-1 formation and he is just perfect for that particular job. He is incredibly fast and thanks to his great dribbling stats he moves so smoothly both with the ball and without it. Passes also very reliable.
With an Anchor I maxed out his defensive stats as well as his aggression and boy can you feel it. He usually compensates for his lack of strength very nicely with perfectly timed interceptions. "Robbo" saved my a** so many times as my last line of defense as I faced a LOT of counter attacks due to the nature of my play style.
I will say that in certain situations he had trouble with physically stronger strikers such as Richarlison TOTS, which is why I'd recommend pairing him up with one or two strong CBs. I play him next to Libertadores SBC Lopez and FB Boateng. So, while I imagine that he performs nicely as full-back as well, I just wanted to let the few of you who might consider it know that he definitely makes a great CB as well. For reference: I finished Gold 2 this weekend with 19 wins, a DC loss while being 2:0 up cost me Gold 1.
- Pace (fast enough for all strikers)
- Smooth dribbling and agile in defense
- Aggression (a lot of times compensates for lack of strength)
- Lack of strength (was occasionally shrugged of by high strength strikers)
- Height (not really relevant though in this years FIFA)
- WF (make sure not to use his right in build-up play)