I think we all know that it's been a struggle to find that 1 true meta GK this year. Honestly, all the half decently rated keepers are pretty average - make occasional howlers that irritate you etc. Butland was the man in 17. De Gea had a good couple of years and last year Ter Stegen was cracked. I've tried a few this year, but this is the best one I've tried so far (I've mainly tried in WL and div 1 rivals: Courtois Gold and IF, Ter Stegen, Oblak, Ederson, De Gea, Alisson, Neuer, Pope, Vaclik, Strakosha and Szczesny). I've been reluctant to try Lloris this year. Yeah he gets good links, but Lloris has a history in FIFA for me and a lot of people of being lacklustre IG despite good stats. This year though, Lloris has been fantastic - a real revelation. He makes unbelievable point blank saves that save your bacon in games. He clutched me up Elite this WL making 19 saves in his last game. 19 saves - one game. This WL he made 1 genuine mistake that cost me a goal but has saved me countless times. He makes saves that over keepers just don't seem capable of making. Does he have weaknesses? Sure, but you can mitigate them effectively this year (see below). Does he make occasional howlers? Sure - but NO more than any other high rated keeper I've run with so far. Its the Ter Stegen FIFA 20-esque broken ridiculous saves that make the difference with this card. I would seriously recommend anyone struggling to find a keeper this year, to give this card a try, especially given the links and the price.
- SIDE NOTE - As the out of 10 ratings below are for outfield players, I've rated Lloris out of 10 for the GK face stats as they appear on the card (so Pace = Diving, Shooting = Handling, Passing = Kicking, Dribbling = Reflexes, Defending = Speed and Physical = Positioning). I hope this helps you get a full appreciation of what the card is good at, and where the weaknesses lie.
- Point blank saves. He doesn't save everything (c'mon which keeper actually does?), but he will make saves against your opponent that defy any kind of logic or physics. Honestly makes those Ter Stegen FIFA 20 style saves that leave you scratching your head.
- Pace off the line. He feels similar to an Ederson off the line - decent in 1on1s (obv. only where its appropriate to bring the keeper out a little without being done by OP chip shots).
- His height (but only for saving shots from inside the box). Being 6ft 2, he gets down to shots really well at close range.
- Links. Links to both Premier League CBs and French ones. Got Varane and Gomez in your team like me and half the WL player base? He soft links to both. Also links to loads of other options too so great for squad building.
- Stats and Price. With a glove chem style you get 99 Diving, 97 Handling, 90 reflexes and 89 Positioning. Plus his base speed is only 1 rating less than IF Ederson. Those stats for that price are phenomenal. The stats seem to mean more on GKs these days and he does feel like a well rounded shot-stopper. (albeit see handling below).
- Kicking/ Distribution. 68 kicking and 1 star WF are never going to be great and you do feel them IG. He also doesn't have the GK Long Throw trait which can be super helpful for counter attacks. You can mitigate this quite a bit though with the calling short option on goal kicks to ensure you keep the ball effectively.
- Handling. Although he gets 97 handling with a glove, he doesn't catch the ball an awful lot from corners for me. I do find this in general with GKs this year, but found this with another shorter keeper like Ter Stegen, as opposed to a taller one like Courtois or Pope so it might be the height coming into play. His punches out though for me aren't too bad, but I've heard that others have had a worse experience. I always try and use my Varane to defend corners rather than drag my Lloris out of goal with R3 and have been defending them well. It's a con, but if you have good CBs at defending corners (Varane, VVD etc.), you can mitigate the weakness again.
- Height. Yes Height is a + and a -. Being 6ft 2, he struggles to get the long shots and finesses that a VDS, Pope or Courtois will get to just because they have more reach. He's not terrible at saving them though. He's the same height as Ter Stegen and Ederson to give you a reference point and saves them about as well as they do.
I tryed several GK, Ederson, Areola TOTS, Ter Steguen, Courtois, Mandanda Fut Birthday, Pope, . But he is a game changer.
Those situations you get down your head becaouse you think it will be a goal will not be present anymore on your matchs.
He is pretty good on the crosses. If you put in the middle of the area in the corner kicks he will punch out the ball.
Long shots are not a problem for him.
1vs1 is one of hims specialities due the rash out of the goal trait,
He is very reliable, the best GK I used this FIFA,
Obviously you need to understand all the GK in the game receive goals, even stupid goals.
Lack of Saves with fees trait