I’ve used 89 Moore over 17 online matches so far and have been pleasantly surprised by his ability to defend & pass. I started him at CB for 10 chem and switched him with a CDM who can play well as a CB (e.g. Eric Dier). For anyone who’s looking for a budget icon, this is a very very good choice. He’s also a good investment to sit on as this, one of the cheapest icons right now, will rise in price once prime icon SBCs roll out. He has been exceptionally good at intercepting the ball & stand-tackling. He has also been superb at passing. As his passing #s would indicate, his passing is consistently accurate and ideal for a sit-back distributor of the ball while playing a possession game. You can easily corner your opponent’s defense into the box and simply pass around the ball till you find your scoring chances. With the Shadow chem style, he felt pretty rapid and fast enough to back track for counters.
- Interception - his 93 interception (without any chem boost) says it all. intercepts the ball back for me ALL the time.
- Passing - you can easily feel his 88 for short passing & 89 short passing stats in the game. His passing is as good as any $$$ CAM or CM.
- Standing tackle - as mentioned above, he's a superb tackler.
- Pace - with Shadow, he's as fast as any CDM or CM in the game right now. He felt much faster than his #s would suggest.
- Strength - he definitely felt stronger than 82 and saw him not getting pushed off by the likes of Lukaku & Hulk.
- Height - 5'10" is obviously not the best height for a CDM, but he won enough aerial battles for me not to recognize this as an issue.
- Shooting - I never bothered to take long shots with him due to his poor shooting stats. But unless you're a guy who frequently takes power shots with CDMs, this should not be too big of a problem.