As soon as Anthony Martial got an inform, I just knew I had to try him and he did not disappoint. I used him in the 4-3-2-1 formation as LF and it worked like a charm. In 10 games he scored 12 goals and contributed 4 assists. The only main problem I was concerned about was the price, but looking back at what he did for the team it was worth it. I would definately recommend this card if you are lacking a quick winger you can rely on to score goals.
- Makes important runs
- Very good finishing
- Finesse shots from outside the box
- Stamina (but only really if you go into extra time)
- 3-Star weak foot (still reasonably confident using it but probably better to stick with right)
- Physicality but with the right chemistry style, not a problem
Packed Martial, when his TOTW card first came out and since then he has been my absolute legend. Slowly started to build many teams around him to settle on this bundesliga side with the 4-1-2-1-2(2) formation.(See link attached).
WHAT. AN. ABSOLUTE. PLAYER. He is complete, as a striker he's deadly, as a CAM he's a great provider (Going 4-3-3(4) when loosing Werner and Reus on the wings, Sturridge FlashBack SBC as a striker and the main man Martial as CAM. His passing is good not great but apply an Engine chemistry style, sit back and enjoy.
A bit low on stamina and composure but Flair and Finess shots as traits overcome his little weaknesses.
For a 100k player he definitely feels like a 250K+ player.
Give him a shot guys you won't regret it.
With an Engine:
Great shooting with the finess shot trait. (META OP in fifa19)
Game feels more fluid having him in the team.
3* Weak Foot.
I got him for 84k in a french/ligue 1 hybrid, and pared him with TIF Pepe (who is also amazing), and he did not disappoint. He was able to score goals for fun. I kept him on shadow as I was too tempted for the 99 pace as well as the shooting boost. He was a true savior, scoring 5 goals in one match. I would also like to add that his finesse shots are amazing and legendary. He was also in a 4-1-2-1-2 (2) formation, in which he was in the striker position, which gave him a better chance to score goals rather than at LW or LM
- .Pace: His pace was incredible, and since I had shadow chem style on him, it was even better with the 98 sprint speed and the 99 acceleration, and he was really easily able to glide past defenders.
- Physicality: Due to being 6'0, unlike some attackers, this helped him use his body in some interactions, which, in addition to his pace, was a deadly asset for a fast striker.
- Stamina: Although having 78 stamina, his Med/Med work rate helped alot, as I never had to sub him off and he played well throughout the entirety of the game. So although some people would regard this as a con, I see it as a good pro
- Shooting: His shooting is INSANE! With the right foot, he can score anything you want, wherever you want, and however you want.
- Dribbling: His dribbling was very good, and looking at his height and 77 strength, it would not be easy enough to get the ball off him.
- 3* WF
I got the red version of Martial. In the beginning he was not so good he didnt score so much and Leroy Sane (his blue card) was much better. I use him on 7 chem in a 4321 formation but i change ig to a 41212(2) and play him as the left striker alongside with Leroy Sane. He has really good finishing and his finesseshots are insane. If you are looking for a LF or a ST i think martial is a very good player and for the price under 100k. He will score goals and my favorite chemstyle on him is Hunter.
4 star skills
3 star weakfoot
Not the best stamina
I saw this Martial card and I thought: this is a bargain. An 86 LM IF with amazing stats and a good league. But I was wrong. I didn't really like this card. On paper this card looks amazing but in game he didn't perform like his stats say. The only positives I have about this card is that he's quick but in this years Fifa pace doesn't really matter anymore. His shooting is OK but 9/10 shots that he's alone in front of goal he misses. ( All shots were perfectly time as well ) It's also not ideal that he only has 3 star weak foot. His dribbling stats look amazing on his card but it doesn't feel good when he dribbles. When you dribble he sometimes shoots the ball too far ahead of him so he loses it. His passes are okay from short range but through balls and passes over a long distance are not good. It's also really annoying that he only has 78 stamina. Because he's a midfielder he'll be tired after like 65-70 minutes and you have to sub him off. That's not what you want from a card that costs 65.000 coins. His strength is okay but he doesn't really get to use in when he's on the ball because he loses it pretty fast.
( I used martial in a 4-3-2-1 at LF in division rivals division 3. I played 30 games with him to test him really well and he got 4 goals and 2 assist. That's also because I needed to sub him off at 70 minutes because he was tired )
I would recommend trying 86 LM OTW Richarlison instead of this card. He's cheaper and he's better in my opinion.
This review is my opinion of course so it doesn't mean that he doesn't work for you.
• His strength is okay
• His passing is okay