I had the luck to pack Ronaldo in a 7.5K pack and from the coins that I received after selling I bought my team with IF Ben Yedder. I had his card almost the entire season last year. He is still OP, similar to last year but due the current gameplay with some changes, still fits the meta though.
He is extremely strong with the ball on his feet, very hard for defenders to block him. He feels sometimes a bit heavy but that doesn't feel as an issue. His physical is fine and defending doesn't matter.
But.. his shooting power is insane. It's bizarre how hard and well placed his shot is. He seems to always find a spot in goal to score and for me he makes almost 2 goals each game.
Shooting - OP
Pace - Hunter
Dribbling - OP
Passing - could be better but not a problem in game
I suppose there will never be a player that can be loved and loathed to such extreme on fifa than the one and only, Ben freaking yedder. The feeling of despair and fair when you see him in your opponent's squad, is unrivaled and unparalleled. You just know this guy will somehow score a hat trick against you, while he miraculously bodied Van Dijk off the ball and outsprinted Ferland Mendy. For those who are wondering if he is worth it over NIF, I can assure you he is.
1) Shooting. Given how weak foot matter less this year because you can score with player's weak foot even if they have 2/3 star WF, having 5 star WF or not became less relevant. Still, this IF ben yedder is still the most clincial striker that I have ever used. He can shoot and score consistently in the most ridiculous angle, and over the 12 matches that I have played with him, I cant recall a single clear cut chance that he has missed.
2) Positioning. He just constantly make amazing run in behind the line. He isnt the fastest on the break and he still manage to position himself well for the through pass and tap ins.
3) Dribbling. He can turn and twist like no other, and he can unleash a powerful shot with little stride. Combined with his 5 star wf, it is extremely hard to know which way he will go. He excels in tight situation, especially inside the box. Just a quick turn or fake shot, and he can beat the net with both feet.
11) Physicality. He is obviously not gonna win you any headers, nor is he capable of shielding the ball away from the varane and Van Dijks. His stamina is actually not that bad, if you instruct him to stay forward. Definitely CANNOT last 120 mins though.
2) Speed. With a hunter, he is quick enough, but he definitely lack the breakaway pace of Mane, Mbappe, Adama etc.
I had the luck of packing IF Ben Yedder untradeable in one of my first few packs this year, and by this point have played over 100 games with him. As the title says, he is not as OP as last year; I feel like physicality plays a larger part in this game and 5* WF isn't as important. He is often easily bullied off the ball, and get can outmuscled when trying to run past defenders. That being said, he is still an amazing card. After applying a hunter (initially went with hawk but hunter produced much better results), he is extremely rapid and clinical inside the box. He makes up for his lack of strength with great close control dribbling, which when combined with his top finishing makes him a lethal striker. While his passing isn't the best, it is very competent for a striker at this stage of the game, and he works well with both 1 or 2 up top. At > 450k however, I would say that his inform is slightly overpriced for what he is, especially considering that finding good strong links for him isn't the easiest. The high price seems to come a lot from his FUT status, and I would say a fairer price would be something around 300k. If you have a french/ligue 1 squad and work well with agile players I would spend the coins, however I wouldn't go out of my way to fit him into the team at this current price.
We have decided to add comments to facilitate communication and interaction between FUTBIN users. We believe and hope that we can build a stable community in FUTBIN and that comments will be a part of it. We have created a guideline, which will help you to understand how to use our comments system.
Comment your opinion on things, and/or add valuable information
Reply to other comments in a respectful manner
Report comments which are offensive
Use any racism
Attack or threat other users. It's ok to disagree with others, but keep the comments polite and respectful
Spam or post spam content
Link other websites
Violation of the above rules can lead to account closure.
We have noticed that your adblocker is enabled
Hi, FUTBIN is dependent on advertisements and we have noticed you are using an ad blocker. Please whitelist FUTBIN site on your ad blocker in order to help FUTBIN existence and development.
Another recommended option is to subscribe to FUTBIN Silver\Gold\Platinum using your iOS or Android device in order to remove advertisements, Click here for more details